Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Anomaly Question.
04-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I have been on my Klingon Toon for a good part of Yesterday, and all of Today. I have scanned Many Anomalies, Sector Space, Systems, Bases, and Planets. During this short stint, I haven't gotten one Rare of any kind. I know they are Pot Luck for Drops, but I am wondering if others are, or are not getting Rares in Klingon Sectors??
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I have been on my Klingon Toon for a good part of Yesterday, and all of Today. I have scanned Many Anomalies, Sector Space, Systems, Bases, and Planets. During this short stint, I haven't gotten one Rare of any kind. I know they are Pot Luck for Drops, but I am wondering if others are, or are not getting Rares in Klingon Sectors??
I had spent hours on my KDF toon for a couple days in a row haunting the T'Ongg nebula and never got a rare. I log into my Fed VA to go gather some anomalies and I get 4 in an hour. Back to my KDF toon the next day for a couple hours and no rares. I've spent hours and hours on my KDF toon and get rares far less frequently than on my Fed toon. One night, I vowed I would stay logged on and play my KDF toon until I got a rare. I went to bed four hours later - no rares.

I'm sure people will say 'your luck sucks. QQ moar'. But it's more than bad luck. It seems the drop rate for rare particle traces is incredibly low KDF-side (lowbie KDF, anyway). I would appreciate a dev looking into this.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2011, 06:24 AM
When I beam down to a planet, I usually scan 4 to 6 anomalies, but most of the time find no more than 2. The scan keeps pointing back to the last one I did, and if I can not get closer to a new one then I do not see which way to go to get to those.

After playing with these problems for a while, I will probably take it to Bugs Report List....
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 06:28 AM
I do find rare anomalies on the KDF side, but far less than on the Fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2011, 01:23 PM
So, from the few responses, I would Guess that Rare Drops for Feds are Very rare for Klingons??
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
So, from the few responses, I would Guess that Rare Drops for Feds are Very rare for Klingons??
In this game everything is Very Rare for Klingons.

Lt. Commander

I have been in Klingon sector for 3 days, and am finding that the Anomalies I am getting are very close to the Older Style Drops from Fed Side, Prior to the introduction of the Mini Game. I am getting 1 to 3 units on any given Scan, and I have not received even 1 rare of any type. On Fed side, I often get 4 or 5 units at a time, even if I get no Rare, and get probably 3 rare on average per hour.

Klingons aren't getting anything like those numbers. IMHO anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I suspect the whole anomaly system to be bugged anyways. I also found much less anomalies on the kdf side. In some instances the mini-game doesn´t do anything, especially on ground maps. My fed engineer finds a rare anomaly in like every two scans, my fed tac finds none in 40 scans, something is off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Even if the problem is Technically not a Bug, it definitely is a Deficiency that needs to looked at seriously.

Klingons will never be able to do any serious Research without Fed Toon help at this present time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I suspect the whole anomaly system to be bugged anyways. I also found much less anomalies on the kdf side. In some instances the mini-game doesn´t do anything, especially on ground maps. My fed engineer finds a rare anomaly in like every two scans, my fed tac finds none in 40 scans, something is off.
It may just be the random number generator because I'm finding my KDF character always gets more 'rare' anomolies, that I end up mailing to my Federation character as he's higher level and can nuse them to craft better Mk XI gear. (And the sad thing is, I'm emblem grinding on the Fed so I'm always scanning for anomolies in B'Tran with him. My KDF is Commander 6 atm, but leveling up slowing - I'm waiting for Season 4 and the Doff system before going back to him more because I figure I will have a good chance to see what it's like getting Doffs on a non max level charcter.)