Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2011, 02:50 PM
That is backwards to what I get, I get more Anomalies Quantity with Fed, and Lots of rare with Fed.

I did just get a 5 unit drop on my Klingon right after my last post to this thread, but 3 days and no rare. I then loaded an Old Fed Toon that has been Idle for a while, and got a rare on the second scan.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2011, 02:16 AM
I cannot confirm that. I usually farm with my Klingon in the Pi Canis Raid Mission and they drop a good deal either by scanning anomalies or raiding supply crates and transporters.
Currently I am using only my Klings to gather anomalies for crafting. The best session was when I found 13 Vertion in 3 hours. 10 came from two supply crates while the rest came from various anomalies.

So nope ... Klingons do not get less rare anomalies then Fed. With those raidmission they indeed get a bucketload more then the typical fed char in the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowserXL
I cannot confirm that. I usually farm with my Klingon in the Pi Canis Raid Mission and they drop a good deal either by scanning anomalies or raiding supply crates and transporters.
A specific mission that has Programmed Loot really can not give an accurate Statistics view of drops, I wouldn't think.

Quote:
Currently I am using only my Klings to gather anomalies for crafting. The best session was when I found 13 Vertion in 3 hours. 10 came from two supply crates while the rest came from various anomalies.

So nope ... Klingons do not get less rare anomalies then Fed. With those raidmission they indeed get a bucketload more then the typical fed char in the same time.
So, that is where they have all gone!! Can you share the wealth?? I feel like I am playing in an Anomaly Desert out there.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2011, 05:35 AM
One would think that the mechanics behind those Pi Canis missions and their anomalis should be the same as they are in sector clusters. Maybe they have even more variety since they are not just dropping one specific colortype of anomaly.

As for sharing the wealth ... I have done so already. They went to the crafting pool of our fleet and have been used for all kinds of equipment.

EDIT:
The way i gather my anomalies is to roll a new Kling Char and let him do just the Pi Canis Raid Alpha and Bravo. Use a Tac which will give you sufficient firepower. Run the missions over and over again flying in a big U starting from Eriksson to Kern system. One run should get between 12 and 30 normal anomalies (per system) as well as a random number (between 1 and 10) rares per run which keeps you occupied for about half an hour. Once you notice the resistence gets to heavy send away the samples, drop the toon and start over.
Granted its boring after a certain time, but in my case yields the best results.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't see how they can be the same mechanic, to be honest. You always get 5, rather than a random quantity. You can get any color type, but can only get one color type at a time (some exploration sectors have a more common and less common type, in them it's possible to get a mix of each in a node), and when you get rares, you get 5 of them at a time and no commons, in exploration sectors you get one in additional to commons.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
True. The Crates and Transporters yield 5 of one type and that always which results in getting 5 rares at a time (which I had on several occasions). I never ment to compare those with the other anomalies

But

The normal anomalies in those maps acts just as they do on other maps and sectorspace. They yield a random number of 1 to 5 standard anomalies as well as 0 to 1 rares which depends on your luck. Those in my eyes act just like the other anomalies and those found in the nebulas sektor spaces except for the point that they scale along with you. Apart from that I donīt see a difference.

One way or the other, getting rares is luck and even a 1% chance remains a 1% chance when you have the luck to hit it three times in a row. That doesnīt create a higher chance, but is easily mistaken for one. Has Cryptic ever handed out details on that matter?
But due to the high desity of possible chances in normal anomalies (along with at least 2 to 6 possible jackpots per map from those crates and transports) using a klingon on those Pi Canis Raid missions is currently the best choice in getting your hands on those rares.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Having never played my Fed since he hit Lt 6 at launch, I'd never noticed a difference until very recently when I started gathering data with my Klingons when we finally got the ability to craft. I too noticed despite hours of farming in the nebulas and cluster areas, I would be lucky to find one or 2 rares at best.
Then, an old friend of mine started playing STO and I dusted off my smooth-head to wing him and poof! Just in the course of few normal missions I found 4-5 rares the first day I flew with him! I can spend an hour just scanning anomolies in one of the clusters in Fed space and get easily 2-3x the amount of data samples and 5-6 rares on top of that.
I've experimented a few times and run 1 hour blocks farming with Klingon and Fed and the difference in recovered samples, both common and rare is huge. Like not even close...
So, now I use my now Lt Cmdr Fed to farm data, since I can go anywhere, even the VA area, and I've managed to max gear both my Klingon Lt Gen, including full Ageis sets, max my crfating skills with 4 of my 5 Klingons as well as my one Fed, max gear all my guys with the best I can get for the lvl AND have given away enough data samples to get 2 of my fleetmates crafting skill built up AND still have stacks of data of every kind in the bank, including plenty of rares. All of that in about a month, with a cple hrs a day of farming anomolies in between missions.
Huge, huge difference in the amount of samples you can collect with a Fed over a Klingon...

Why am I so not surprised by this, another example of how despite the claims of "Imersion into the world of Star Trek" it's really "imersion into the world of the Federation".

When will Crypitic ever treat the Klingons as someting besides second class?
We need a Martin Luther Klingon...
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I am not surprised by your findings, since I would file them under statistical probabilities (like my 13 vertions in one afternoon).
1 hour blocks unfortunately prove nothing of worth for a long time projection. While it could be that you find 4 rares in 1 hour you will hardly find 4 rares every hour.
If you want to make a statistical approach to that I would suggest to play at least 50 hours (better even with double the time) with both sides farming under the same conditions (T'Ong vs Delta Volanis or something).
Using short timeframes for a general assumption on anomaly distribution is simply not good enough (and highly influenced by statistical errors). One needs a longer timeframe to make a more reliable prediction.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I've also seen quite a large disparity in anomoly farming between the factions. Fed side I almost never get less than 3 normals in a scan, and sometimes as many as 7 if it is a mixed lot, or 6 of all one type. Also for rare traces Fed side i can pull in 10-20 in an hour or two vs a month kdf side to get that many. I've only ever gotten one rare from a Pi Canis raid supply crate or freighter, not the lovely group of 5 i've read about here. And outside of the Pi Canis sorties scans usually only give 1-3 anoms vs the fed side of double that. KDF ground scans are screwed, you will be told there are either 4 or 6 anomolies on a planet, but there are always only 2 that can be scanned. So, just like most things in this game, the feds are favored even just scanning anomolous data.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
I am not surprised by your findings, since I would file them under statistical probabilities
Statistical probabilities don't account for repeated multiple-hour sessions of playing KDF with very few rare particle traces and equivalent Fed play resulting in 2-3 times as many rare traces (at least). I mentioned this months ago and got the 'you're just unlucky' response. Since that was possible I figured I'd just keep plugging away at gathering samples. Now I have no doubt that the drop rate for rare particle traces, at least for LCmr KDF, is substantially lower than that for Feds (at least VA-level Feds). Luck only goes so far.

Z