Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
In this game everything is Very Rare for Klingons.

Including players
Lt. Commander
# 22 Statistical In-Put Request.
04-28-2011, 04:38 AM
I have begun to gather Data regarding this issue in a more Statistical manner to see exactly what the problem or problems are.

If others could do so as well, that would help to clarify whether or not there actually is a problem here.

Thanks in advance for any in-put help here.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the in-put that looks to be some what supportive of the issue I see here.

If Players could Post Statistical data; Time, Numbers of and Types of Anomalies Collected, Zone done in.

That would help to zero in on what the problem may or may not be. Personally, I am seeing serious shortages on Kling side as apposed to Fed side.

Thank you for any In-put offered....
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowserXL
Using short timeframes for a general assumption on anomaly distribution is simply not good enough (and highly influenced by statistical errors). One needs a longer timeframe to make a more reliable prediction.
This does indded hold much merit.
I've encountered an interesting "statistical error" myself.
I'm currently leveling a KDF Engineer.
I've reached Commander 2 by now and I have not yet received even one tactical officer
in addition to the one I got at character creation.
Unless they broke that system recently I'd say this qualifies as an interesting deviation from the statistical norm.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Statistical probabilities don't account for repeated multiple-hour sessions of playing KDF with very few rare particle traces and equivalent Fed play resulting in 2-3 times as many rare traces (at least). I mentioned this months ago and got the 'you're just unlucky' response. Since that was possible I figured I'd just keep plugging away at gathering samples. Now I have no doubt that the drop rate for rare particle traces, at least for LCmr KDF, is substantially lower than that for Feds (at least VA-level Feds). Luck only goes so far.

Z
With some effort, I am attempting to add some since of Statistical results to this. I do the Missions and scan what ever anomalies in Sector that i can beat other players to, so my own gathering will be slower that many.

The following is from Klingon, and I will do equal time for Feds probably starting Sunday.
As I get more data for both Klingon and Fed, I will plug it in and see where in gets us.

T-Ong Nebula

Time: 6.5 Hrs

Mineral Sample 56

Biological Sample 12

Alien Artifact 44

Antimatter Sample 24

Unknown Alloy 29

Radiation Sample 42

Rare: Antithoron Particle Trace 1
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
With some effort, I am attempting to add some since of Statistical results to this. I do the Missions and scan what ever anomalies in Sector that i can beat other players to, so my own gathering will be slower that many.

The following is from Klingon, and I will do equal time for Feds probably starting Sunday.
As I get more data for both Klingon and Fed, I will plug it in and see where in gets us.

T-Ong Nebula

Mineral Sample 56

Biological Sample 12

Alien Artifact 44

Antimatter Sample 24

Unknown Alloy 29

Radiation Sample 42

As I was doing this research, I did notice that the Quantities of Total Anomalies for Klingons seem to be coming up as compared to the Feds. 20 to 30 per Hour or so. In the last couple of hours I was doing the Klingon, I did see an increase.

However, Rares are Still Too Rare for Klingons. I took in 1 Rare in 6.5 Hours, as Oposed to 6 in one Fed Hour.

Antithoron Particle Trace 1
Trianium Particle Trace 2
Chronometric Particle Trace 1
Anyon Particle Trace 1
Vertion particle trace 1

It does look like someone is looking into this issue, so hopefully this problem will go away before the discussion is done???
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:

T-Ong Nebula

Mineral Sample 56

Biological Sample 12

Alien Artifact 44

Antimatter Sample 24

Unknown Alloy 29

Radiation Sample 42

I am beginning to see a clearer picture of the reality of what I was thinking was happening in doing this as a Numbers thing.

In 6.5 Hours as Klingon, I got 207 Regular Anomaly Items, and 1 Rare. Most of the items I have gotten were from taking Missions rather than Farming Anomalies. = Longer Time per Anomaly received.

In 2 Hours of Fed, in Delta Volanis, I got 169 Regular Anomaly Items, and 10 rare.

If those numbers carry out, and stay in tune, then at 6 Plus Hours, the Fed would have 220% of the Klingon for Regular Items, and 300%, or about 30 to 1 ratio, for the Rare Items. (unless I misinterpret something??)

I am still solidly convinced that there is a serious problem here. The more I dig, the more convinced I become.

Are there any other players who have gathered any numbers that would show specific results here???
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
I am beginning to see a clearer picture of the reality of what I was thinking was happening in doing this as a Numbers thing.

In 6.5 Hours as Klingon, I got 207 Regular Anomaly Items, and 1 Rare. Most of the items I have gotten were from taking Missions rather than Farming Anomalies. = Longer Time per Anomaly received.

In 2 Hours of Fed, in Delta Volanis, I got 169 Regular Anomaly Items, and 10 rare.

If those numbers carry out, and stay in tune, then at 6 Plus Hours, the Fed would have 220% of the Klingon for Regular Items, and 300%, or about 30 to 1 ratio, for the Rare Items. (unless I misinterpret something??)

I am still solidly convinced that there is a serious problem here. The more I dig, the more convinced I become.

Are there any other players who have gathered any numbers that would show specific results here???
This last hour I went to Archanis Arm. I picked up another 95 Total, 90 Regular and 5 Rare.

Total then for 3 Hours is now: 259 Regular, and 15 Rare.

Still on track to Expectations I had in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-01-2011, 05:52 PM
There was a post a few months ago where someone did a detailed mapping of samples. Planets are terrible and bugged with almost zero chance of a rare. Space misisons are a ok for regular samples but low on rares. While sectors give the best odds.

And of course KDF numbers are lower.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Found it Accolade ratios