Lt. Commander
# 1 Certificate revokation pop ups
04-23-2011, 11:16 PM
one question for some strange reason i get not every time (say i open the client a few times per day) but happens during the first time the client is opened for the day a certificate revokation (and this part might be a tad strange from GoDaddy.com certificate is embedded in the game client ) why or how did that get in there thats when i noticed having the rubber banding effect sometimes it ranges from about 5 to 20 seconds but the security certificate how and why that started must of been a few weeks ago

can u elborate on this
I've been getting the same thing. When you click the STO shortcut and the sign-in/patcher window loads up... it's just a web site in a window, pretty sure it uses IE controls to render the page since they use visual C++ 8 runtimes...and the SSL dialog is the familiar IE/windows one.

I created Atari Ticket #1102506 - Just want to report it in the forums in case there is any disconnect between Atari support tickets and the developers of STO. I work for a large corporation famous for making copy machines..... anyway we were bought by them and I don't care what they say here... there are always disconnects up and down the line, we have plenty of our own... to be supportive, I expect to be proven wrong

Atari Ticket Summary:
-------------------------------------------------------------
I keep getting SSL certificate problems when opening the STO loader... Something like this makes me feel nervous that the page we enter our account credentials in is not as secure as it should be. This has happened to me on more than one computer so I don't think its a problem on my end.

When clicking the Star Trek Online Shortcut the normal window appears, but is white with the text at the top saying "Loading, Please wait." Then a dialog appears titles "Security Alert" it says "Revocation Information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"

I have created a screenshot and uploaded it to an image hosting site: http://i52.tinypic.com/1zgtftf.jpg

I viewed the certificate details, look legit:
------------------------------------------------------------
Issued To: *.startrekonline.com
Issued By: Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority
Valid from: 2/22/2011 to 2/26/2012

Issuer Info.
SERIALNUMBER = 07969287
CN = Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority
OU = http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository
O = GoDaddy.com, Inc.
L = Scottsdale
S = Arizona
C = US
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2011, 04:28 AM
some people been getiing this error when there was a problem with thier PC date/time setting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
ok but my date and time isnt an issue here for me that is but i still get it from time to time but it's weird how this just happened a couple of weeks ago too
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I would have to agree because i have it on two machines as well one is xp and the other is on the vista machine both entirely different OS but it will show on both the odd times so either something temporary at the server end was compromised because security certs are not generated from the users end but from the source (this would mean crytic's end would be issuing the certification ticket
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
I've been getting the same thing. When you click the STO shortcut and the sign-in/patcher window loads up... it's just a web site in a window, pretty sure it uses IE controls to render the page since they use visual C++ 8 runtimes...and the SSL dialog is the familiar IE/windows one.

I created Atari Ticket #1102506 - Just want to report it in the forums in case there is any disconnect between Atari support tickets and the developers of STO. I work for a large corporation famous for making copy machines..... anyway we were bought by them and I don't care what they say here... there are always disconnects up and down the line, we have plenty of our own... to be supportive, I expect to be proven wrong

Atari Ticket Summary:
I keep getting SSL certificate problems when opening the STO loader... Something like this makes me feel nervous that the page we enter our account credentials in is not as secure as it should be. This has happened to me on more than one computer so I don't think its a problem on my end.

When clicking the Star Trek Online Shortcut the normal window appears, but is white with the text at the top saying "Loading, Please wait." Then a dialog appears titles "Security Alert" it says "Revocation Information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"

I have created a screenshot and uploaded it to an image hosting site: http://i52.tinypic.com/1zgtftf.jpg

Issuer Info.
SERIALNUMBER = 07969287
O = GoDaddy.com, Inc.
L = Scottsdale
S = Arizona
C = US
thats funny very funny they using godaddy its not the time der its there server at godady might want to email godady the screen shot but
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post

Atari Ticket Summary:

Issuer Info.
SERIALNUMBER = 07969287
O = GoDaddy.com, Inc.
L = Scottsdale
S = Arizona