Lt. Commander
# 31
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Sorry, but you are wrong. You have misread what they said, and this is your policy, not theirs.
There is no "misreading" anything. This is what he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Please report missions that you feel go against fair play by being centered on farming / grinding or similar with the report functions in game.
If you do not understand the meaning of the terms farming or grinding, then you can look them up. But no matter how many times you try to say otherwise, you arent going to change what he said.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
apology accepted. when i can confirm that i will be happy to change my stance on the matter. i like to accolade hunt. i will be more than happy to play some mission if they are allowed. if salami's comments are accurate then whishtone's posts are misleading in my eyes, and needs clarification in writing on the forums.
I don't think WishStone's post is misleading. The problem is that some people have misread "easier" and "faster" in an unreasonably broad and oddly slanted way. The only difference between the "accolade" missions that we have today and playing explore chains over and over for kills is you spend a lot less time staring at the loading screen. That's a difference that clearly doesn't matter to Cryptic. And there is no difference at all between fighting and killing a pile of mobs in a map with 50, or 100, or even 500 mobs on it, and the typical Fleet Action or DSE. Just running around killing a whole bunch of stuff is not a problem. That is, after all, about 95% of what the game is about; it's literally the one single thing you spend more time doing than anything else. Killing mobs by your own suicide was obviously a mechanic Cryptic never intended, and everyone knew that as soon as someone figured it out and started to employ it. Killing for the sake of killing is just business as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Killing mobs by your own suicide was obviously a mechanic Cryptic never intended, and everyone knew that as soon as someone figured it out and started to employ it. Killing for the sake of killing is just business as usual.
Ok, lets just say for a brief second that is correct. If that is the only problem they had, then why did Wishstone specifically say to report missions that were grinding or farming, since grinding is different from exploiting?
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you do not understand the meaning of the terms farming or grinding, then you can look them up. But no matter how many times you try to say otherwise, you arent going to change what he said.
Keep posting this all you want. And keep right on reporting those same 10 accolade missions. In fact, go report all of them again right now, if you haven't done it already today. They're still there, and they'll stay there, because Cryptic clearly doesn't consider them a problem, and they do not violate any policy Cryptic has announced on this point. You can go on insisting that your preference is their policy as much as you want, but it's still not going to be true.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Keep posting this all you want. And keep right on reporting those same 10 accolade missions. In fact, go report all of them again right now, if you haven't done it already today. They're still there, and they'll stay there, because Cryptic clearly doesn't consider them a problem, and they do not violate any policy Cryptic has announced on this point. You can go on insisting that your preference is their policy as much as you want, but it's still not going to be true.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...34#post3507434

And just FYI, I dont care if people do grind missions. I'm just telling you what Wishstone said. But please, answer the question in my last post. I'd love to hear your explanation to this.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Ok, lets just say for a brief second that is correct. If that is the only problem they had, then why did Wishstone specifically say to report missions that were grinding or farming, since grinding is different from exploiting?
Killing =/= "grinding" or "farming." It's a simple concept. The missions that qualified as problems got reported, got deleted, and haven't come back. The missions that didn't qualify as problems remained, and remain today. Anyone can read the policy, look at the missions, and figure out what is allowed and what isn't.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Killing =/= "grinding" or "farming." It's a simple concept.
I agree. So before we move forward, what is your definition of "grinding" or "farming". Lets get this cleared up.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
I agree. So before we move forward, what is your definition of "grinding" or "farming". Lets get this cleared up.
My definition doesn't matter any more than yours does. What matters is Cryptic's definition, and it's easy to see what that is. Their stated policy, the statements made in game by developers, and the actions they have taken in deleting missions they defined as a problem have all been simple, clear, consistent, and comprehensible. The fighter grind missions were on one side of the line. The "accolade" missions that they have left in-game are on the other. If you want to kill 1,000 mobs, you can kill 1,000 mobs. Cryptic has given you ways to do that in their regular missions, and they clearly accept and tolerate Foundry missions that give you a way to do the exact same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
My definition doesn't matter any more than yours does.
Sure it does, because you are telling me that I am wrong, and that that killing 1,000 NPCs in a single mission isnt grinding. So please, tell me your definition of grinding so I can know what you mean when reading your posts.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
And people still wonder why I think the Foundry in its current form is a mistake. It lends itself to be exploited in too many ways. The developers make content to extent the life of the game for the good of the bottom line as well as the longevity of the game. While these "accolade hunters"/"level grinders" want to treat this MMO as they do a single player game in which they can shortcut their way to the top. Thus ruining the game for the honest players. Way to go.