Lt. Commander
# 1 Imporved UGC mapping tool
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
After reading WishStone interpretation of botting, I reworked my UGC tool and added some features I always wanted.

It can do all this:
UGCEditorExportPoject file parsing and CSV file parsing
CSV/HTML table/starbaseugc wiki format export
These two allows easy map asset sharing.
Prefab (Grouped map objects) movement and rotation
Pattern or tile type map coordinate generation based on prefabs. You can easily tile down platforms or other stuff with perfect meshing results since you can use the feet size and have it converted automatically.
Random object/prefab coordinate generation, if you want to litter an area with trees, rocks, bystanders...
Semi auto map import
Mostly auto map import (still requires the player to sit through the process and do input)
Dialog parser with semi auto import

http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=6621

I just don't like loose ends and unfinished business.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Just about every time I see you post, I wonder if it'll be news that you got a work visa for Cryptic.

Thanks for the update!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Highly unlikely.

In the meantime I made an elevation map of the Rura pente map using the pattern tool and Excel.
http://www.sto-advanced.com/RuraPente_Elve0.jpg
http://www.sto-advanced.com/RuraPente_Elve1.jpg
http://www.sto-advanced.com/RuraPente_Elve2.jpg

The resolution suck thou (1 sample / 35,3m), but it still looks cool.

I also managed to automate the OCR process the object images I took earlier. Now I could have a pretty accurate object dimensions data table within a few hours. Using that and good resolution elevation maps, I could make an editor which allows you to see and move things in 3D. You could then use the standard import methods.
That is never going to happen thou because it would take like 2 weeks, but still lots of potential.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Cryptic's please hire Pendra! Look at what he does in his spare time. Imagine what he could do, if you put him on the payroll.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
Cryptic's please hire Pendra! Look at what he does in his spare time. Imagine what he could do, if you put him on the payroll.
Pretty much this. He seems amply capable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Pendra = asset to the community
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
This is a really awesome tool. It helps especially with the fact the Foundry doesn't report locations to more than a single decimal place, so if I place something with more precision I often will forget where I put it.

I may have found a bug though. It seems like some of the rotations of my NPCs was not imported properly. I know this because I was switching a neutral targ NPC for a contact (working around the contact limit). In the editor the NPC was set to 95 degrees, however when imported into the program it was listed as being rotated 28.95. I even tried putting in 28.95 and it was definitely not right. However, other things seem to be rotated properly so I have no explanation for this.

It very well could be that the Foundry exported it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Grandious! I must try this after work, but the read me already looks promising. Could be quite a timesaver.
Thanks, Pendra!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Can you import an exported map?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
Highly unlikely.
You could always send your CV in to another MMO company.