Lt. Commander
# 1 Expand the skill/ability tray
04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
I have been playing, and I noticed that ground and space do not have the same number of tray slots. Please make both have 11 slots. 1-9, 0, and an extra for the ~ symbol.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 03:58 AM
hi..

2 days ago something strange happend to me:

in space i am using always 2 rows for the powers and usually its showing only 8 slots for each bar..
.. but this time after i left ESD it showed 10 slots per bar ! ..

i have never seen this before and thought i may changed something in the options accidently, but after looking through them, i did not find anything that would change this part of the HUD.

so i just switched to the 3 rows-mode and back to 2 rows and the 8 slots were back again

well, long text short meaning:
i would also like to have at least 10 slots to be shown when using the 2 rows in space.

and since it seems to be possible somehow, maybe anyone has an idea how to do that.
maybe change a config somewhere.

Cessus
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes please!

And a function to change the color of the mouse pointer would help too. I can't tell you how many times I have lost it on the screen when colors are flying everywhere in space battle.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Please do this. I don't understand why only the 3 row option gets the full number.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Solution
05-03-2011, 07:18 AM
This should work for anyone

type this in chat (you need to be in space)
/bind_save_file Defaultspace.txt

and copy this
X "GenSetValue Hud_root traysize 10 1$$GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Tray_Primaryparent1 x 75"
in the defaultspace.txt file in your sto folder (cryptic studios/ Star trek online/live)

Press X in game (you can choose a other button like R)

load the file in game type this in the chat /bind_load_file DefaultSpace.txt
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2011, 07:28 AM
you can change the colour of your mouse cursor self the texture files are in local data/texture_library/ui you can change any texture in the ui with this like http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/file...-4-jpg-rc.html
sry for my bad english
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_X
Yes please!

And a function to change the color of the mouse pointer would help too. I can't tell you how many times I have lost it on the screen when colors are flying everywhere in space battle.
Better yet let players make custom UI mods like allot of the other mmo's do. As great as you folks at cryptic think you are, players always come up with better more functional UI's than devs.

Would be nice to beable to make more hotbars to player desire.
Would be nice to have interior maps that actually showed where places where.
Would be nice to be able to scale the mouse so that you did not need a magnifying glass to see it at higher resolutions.

All these things I bet players could do if cryptic would simply wake up and let the players do some Dev work.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Would be nice to beable to make more hotbars to player desire.
That takes some dev work.

Quote:
Would be nice to have interior maps that actually showed where places where.
It already does. Hover the mouse over the NPCs.

Quote:
Would be nice to be able to scale the mouse so that you did not need a magnifying glass to see it at higher resolutions.
That was addressed earlier.

Quote:
All these things I bet players could do if cryptic would simply wake up and let the players do some Dev work.
Cryptic woke up already, and said "Over my dead body!".
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2011, 12:12 AM
I don't understand why Cryptic (or maybe Atari? Not sure whose call this was) won't let players mod the UI; during the month or so that I played WoW, the updated UI a friend gave me was a very nice improvement...and Blizzard didn't even have to spend time working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2011, 08:32 AM
I too fail to understand the benefit of not allowing UI modding, especially considering the apparent shortage of internal development resources.

A few Star Trek buzz words that describe this decision: illogical; inefficient