Lt. Commander
# 1 Dailies cooldown
04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello all,

While I have done a brief search I would imagine someone has mentioned this before but it would be great to get the dailies moved to a true daily cool down. It's been shown in other MMO's that having dailies reset 24 hours after you complete the daily leads to them not actually being dailies at all. The best option is to have everyones dailies reset at a standard time (00:00 UTC for example), this gives a player a full 24 hours and much more flexibility to complete the daily and not pressured to log on at the same time they hand in the daily to attempt to make it an actual daily.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 04:56 AM
Sounds good but also bad...

no matter what time you choose to *reset* it is going to be in the middle of the day for someone else and using the corresponding timezone would open a whole diffrent can of worms (how do you get the correct timezone, what if someone moves a lot arround diffrent countries and stuff)...

but the 20 hour cooldown we have forces us to log in pretty much at the same time of the day, which sucks if you are 2 hours early, you cant do your dailies and have stuff to do later.
So basically you cant do them allways when you want to.

Of course you can go online in the morngin accept your dailies (which starts the cooldown) and then do them in the afternoon, so in theory you could stand up next morning and do them right away.
But then you have the Devidian Series dailies that you can only accept while orbiting the planet... and if you accept those 2 later then you screw the whole timetable up... oh boy...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Another possible solution to the current fixed timers would be to implement a weekly cap for the mission(s). You could then run the mission(s) 7 times each anytime you wanted during the week until the weekly timer reset (I'd suggest a fixed server time on the timer if they went to this kind of timer).