Lt. Commander
Hi Folks,

I would really appreciate anyone out there taking the time to check out the missions I have created up to now so that I can improve them and also any future continuations. I am currently in the process of building the maps and environments for the final two parts, so feedback at this point would be quite timely.

Here is the summary for the three missions I have already published:

The Darkshadow Deception
Part 1 - First Encounter:
An old friend asks for a favour that leads you and your crew into danger on an errand to locate a mysterious, missing Federation vessel.

Starting System: Wolf 359 (Sirius Sector)
Space Combat: Light
Ground Combat: Medium
Puzzles: None
Time Estimate: 20 to 30 mins
ID Number: ST-HESYPN9NH
Allegiance: Starfleet
Minimum Level: Any Level

Part 2 - The Spider And The Fly:
Vice Admiral Irish Darkshadow still hasn't contacted you since the incident with the mysterious vessel in the Wolf 359 system. A member of your crew has chanced upon some information that may shed some light on matters.

Starting System: Sarita System (Iota Pavonis Sector)
Space Combat: Light (mostly optional)
Ground Combat: Light (mostly optional)
Puzzles: 1 (involves ground movement)
Time Estimate: 25 to 35 mins
ID Number: ST-HM5RHHWS4
Minimum Level: 16+

Part 3 - A King Of Infinite Space:
Confronting Vice Admiral Irish Darkshadow gets you some answers but even more questions. Your investigation takes you into the lair of a vicious Hirogen pack and their sadistic leader. Retrieve Nemesis Darkshadow, get more answers then pit your skill and wits against possibly the most dangerous Hirogen Alpha in the quadrant.

Starting System: Wolf 359 (Sirius Sector)
Space Combat: Medium
Ground Combat: None
Puzzles: None (Heavy Exposition)
Time Estimate: 35 to 45 mins
ID Number: ST-HG9X9N45U

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing if any of you enjoy the missions or even if you don't, any feedback will be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Hmm, nobody biting yet? Come on folks, give it a shot and you will not be disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I shall give them a try this evening, sir.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Likewise...I'll check them out this evening or tomorrow....
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Feedback on mission #1 received :

> Typo in final dialogue - "pursure" should have been "pursue"
> Respawn point for space battle is too close to the enemy blockade

Both issues have been corrected and a new version of the mission has been published.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Feedback on Mission #2 received:

> Pathing issues with Boffs on the orbital platform.....inserted story reason to confine the Boffs to a single room, you won't be needing them anyway
> Enemies able to fire through forcefields / walls.....foundry toolset issue, no way for me to fix this but I did insert some story dialogue to explain that this might happen and to be careful.
> Boffs wandering into unwanted agro.....inserted OOC text warning at a point in the mission where you can order your Boffs to stay in a safe place while you go investigating.
> missing waypoints.....only one objective doesn't provide a waypoint and that is because you are required to locate a specific forcefield control.

I have fixed what I could with these issues but unfortunately some of the fixes are on the Cryptic side.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Feedback for mission #3 has so far not required any changes or a re-publish. Mission 4 is now about 13 days into construction and is still likely another week away.

The environments need to support so pretty specific events in the storyline and I don't want to publish a half baked version of the mission just to get it out there.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Part 4 just published.
05-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Part 4 - This Thing Of Darkness:
The Darkshadows have located the hidden research facility. Join the fleet in an assault on the base in an attempt to recover the de-assimilation prototype. Battle the Hirogen and their Romulan associates for control of a remote outpost that might have a few secrets itself.

Starting System: Wolf 359 (Sirius Sector Block)
Space Combat: Medium (optional)
Ground Combat: Heavy (mostly optional)
Puzzles: Multiple Types
Time Estimate: 45 to 60 minutes
ID Number: ST-HQCEIAZJF
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Part 4 withdrawn until the foundry bug is fixed
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Part 4 re-published following today's patch which fixed the foundry bug.

Feel free to try it out, here is a taster of what's in store for you:

> continuation of the story arc with some significant twists involved
> archaeological puzzle requiring a little thought to solve in order to reveal a hidden base
> a heavy problem that needs to be solved to disable an obstacle
> a challenge from the Hirogen where you MUST have you boffs succeed before you can advance
> a federation shuttle that joins you in your final battle with the Hirogen Alpha

And holding it all together you have the unfolding Darkshadow family saga.

Do you dare to miss out ?