Lt. Commander
I THINK the pathing issues on my mission may result from Borg summoning reinforcements through walls, as an adjunct of the bug where players and NPCs can shoot through walls. The sudden presence of NPCs outside a closed structure then confuses the pathing of the existing NPCs. Just my theory.

Now, my question is: does anyone know if the ability to summon reinforcements is common to all Borg groups or just some? I was thinking if I swapped my Borg out for versions that don't summon reinforcements, I should be good.

Otherwise... I may try replacing a couple of Borg spawns with other enemy groups costumed as Borg.

In that case, I'm curious what group is best to use...

Gorn bite. Orions seduce. Klingons use targs and melee weapons.True Way/Dominion tend to include shapeshifters. Fek'Ihri summon demons.I'm thinking Cardassian enemies or TOS Feds may provide the best stand-in for Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Otherwise... I may try replacing a couple of Borg spawns with other enemy groups costumed as Borg...

Gorn bite. Orions seduce. Klingons use targs and melee ....
I created a mission and rebadge my foe using only level 1 characters since I wanted it for any level player. That's been part of the reason it has taken a beating in reviews. I keep hearing "<xxx> doesn't rip up the floor and through it at me in ST"

More to your point, I don't think (may be wrong) that the Hirogen spawn anything different. I wouldn't use any animal as they only seem to melee.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I *think* it's the drones who summon proto-drones. They are also the ones that can chain-assimilate you for the insta-kill. Whenever I come upon a group of Borg, it's the drones that are the biggest threat. I could stand in front of an Elite tac for about a minute before I start to worry. If 2 drones assimilate you, you're dead in 10 seconds.

When placing Borg ground mobs, the worst group to use is the 5 ensigns as you get all drones who then summon proto drones and spam the assimilate ability.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I THINK the pathing issues on my mission may result from Borg summoning reinforcements through walls, as an adjunct of the bug where players and NPCs can shoot through walls. The sudden presence of NPCs outside a closed structure then confuses the pathing of the existing NPCs. Just my theory.

Now, my question is: does anyone know if the ability to summon reinforcements is common to all Borg groups or just some? I was thinking if I swapped my Borg out for versions that don't summon reinforcements, I should be good.

Otherwise... I may try replacing a couple of Borg spawns with other enemy groups costumed as Borg.

In that case, I'm curious what group is best to use...

Gorn bite. Orions seduce. Klingons use targs and melee weapons.True Way/Dominion tend to include shapeshifters. Fek'Ihri summon demons.I'm thinking Cardassian enemies or TOS Feds may provide the best stand-in for Borg.
A few ideas:

Perhaps you can trigger the problematic borg mobs to spawn later in the story? Like only once the player goes inside the building? No idea if this will work within the context of the map you created and the story.

If you end up having to reskin something else, I'd go with Starfleet (mirror) or Klingon because you can make custom liberated borg costumes for them. Again, no idea if that will work for your story but it might be kinda of cool and make sense to see and fight some partially assimilated enemies.