Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry story ideas
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I created this thread for everyone, who hasn't the skills or patience to create good Foundry missions,
but has a good idea for a brilliant storyline or some very cool stuff that could happen during a mission.

For example, I am a very creative person and have lots of ideas for storylines, but my Foundry missions always
got bad ratings (never more than 3 stars), although I considered them as really good. This could also have
something to do with my lacking English skills...

Here we can post our ideas and inspire all the others who are able to create beautiful Foundry missions! This
is not only a great idea because we get more good Foundry missions, but it's also a way of realizing our own
ideas, while other people have the fun creating the missions and earn the glory!

I will begin:

KDF Mission
Klingon researches have created a device, that can create an artificial "time bubble", in which time moves backwards to a certain point, and the former state of a system is restored. For example, you could trigger the device near Qo'noS, where Praxis was, so Praxis will be restored and is once again an useful source of energy for the Empire. I didn't choose Praxis, because it was a prototype device, and no one knew what would happen, and the risk of losing Qo'noS would be too high.

Therefore I chose the Tal'Ihnor system, known from the game "Klingon Academy". The Tal'Ihnor system was once the biggest source of energy for the whole Empire, until the usurper Melkor destroyed it. After triggering the device you have to leave the system and wait until the process of "rewinding time" is complete. During this time you receive a distress call in a nearby system, of course you investigate immediately. At this point my original storyline got a bit ridiculous, but I'm sure most of you can think of a good ending for this!

Starfleet Mission
The Klingons moved almost half of their ships into the former Neutral Zone and are attacking several Federation Outposts. At first you have to meet with the defense fleet you have been assigned to. But on the way, some weak Klingon ships intercept you. After destroying them, you warp to their location, but they are engaged in a big fight over a Federation starbase. Together you're able to destroy the Klingon ships, but the station has been boarded, so you have to beam down and eliminate / decimate the boarding parties. After doing so, you have to investigate strange sensor readings in a nearby system, while the rest of your fleet tries to repel a second attack wave.

You find improvised surveillance satellites, which deliver highly accurate ship movements of Federation vessels to the Klingon Empire. You are able to upload a virus to the satellite or something similar, so the Klingon will get fake readings behind their lines, which causes them to pull back. After doing so, you lead an assault on a supply convoy of the Klingons, near a Klingon Mobile Base. You steal their supplies and eventually beam down to the base to slaughter some Klingons. What happens next is up to you! I decided to put in another space fight, but you could also add a short briefing, make a two-parter out of it or similar. I planned to add a surprise Borg attack too, where you had to join Battle Group Omega, but the ratings were so bad, I decided to leave UGC to more experienced players.

A small joke for Starfleet missions
I also included a "joke", so you get hailed by a Klingon, but instead you see a Targ. The Targ makes funny noises, then you hear a Klingon shouting at everyone, why there's a Targ in front of the camera, then you cough slightly; the Klingon Captain notices you and tries to react like a honorable warrior, but is getting interrupted by the Targ again.

I found this joke very funny, because the Targ looks really strange and funny in the dialog box. Also, seeing how a Klingon is shown in a ridiculous situation is always funny (Sir, I protest, I am NOT a merry man!!! :p ) lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you find this inspiring, and if not, I hope you're able to deliver other ideas for Foundry storylines.
I hope this thread won't get buried and is helpful for everyone.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you didn't get eye cancer!

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptLee39
Sorry for my bad English, I hope you didn't get eye cancer!
LMAO!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Because the rules here are a bit strange, and necroing threads as well as bumping threads is prohibited,
I have no other chance than to write an useful posting.

Here is another idea I came up with for an interesting storyline.
I try to make this mission at the moment, but I'm sure it will get lots of 1-star-ratings anyway.
So feel free to attempt to do it better!

Klingon Mission

The idea is, that the Borg operate from a Hive inside the Klingon Empire. When the Klingons discovered this, they sent a Special Task Force to investiagte and to destroy their Hive. But because they were several ships, the Borg considered them a threat, and they didn't stand a chance against them. Now YOU are sent to investigate the remains of the Special Task Force and rescue any survivors, as well as try to fulfill their mission.

At first they don't consider you a threat, and you can scan the area while flying between some cubes and the Borg Hive. There's also a fully assimilated planet there. After scanning, you discover that one of the ships crashed onto the planet, so you beam down. But the crash site is protected by a force field, so you have to interact with a Borg console. This alerts the Borg and some drones beam in right behind you. After killing them, your Officer explains to you, that they probably won't send much more drones after you, because the only thing you did was lowering a single force field.

After visiting the crash site, you see that the survivors are hold in cages, waiting for their assimilation. You tag them for transport, but your ship in orbit hails you, explaining that some sort of interference is there, blocking all transporter signals. Also, a Borg cube is closing in and tries to destroy / capture your ship. You give them the order to cloak, and the cube breaks off the pursuit. Your ship was able to identify the source of the interference, it is in a Borg building nearby. Your officer also detects several Borg squadrons beaming in, but you can avoid them by finding another way to the building.

This is the point in the story where I currently am, my next plans are, that you have to investiagte the building from inside and probably trigger some defense systems, so more Borg drones are beaming in. I'm also working with the idea, that you have to kill the assimilated Klingons, but this is optional, because you would have to fight your way to the last room to do so. After doing so, you leave the building and your ship is ready to beam you up, but you have to look for a high place, because they have still problems locking onto your signals for some reason. Alternatively, you can go to the valley where you found the survivors and beam up there, because there are magic minerals, that enhance your patterns or somethign like that.

After doing so, everywhere are hostile Borg ships, but you have to avoid them, since they are too powerful for you. Ships with cloaking devices will have it easier, but I don't plan to do it too difficult for non-cloaking ships. You have to scan the Borg station in orbit, and discover some weak spots, where you have to emit some kind of magic beam, OR you have to shoot a hole into the station. But I still don't know how to do this, probably I will place a fighter with the name "Weak spot" inside the station or something like that.

After that, you have to beam onto the station and place some explosives, OR you do that from the ship, I still balance pros and cons. But still the Borg Hive won't be destroyed, only heavily damaged, but you call for assistance and some epic space fight begins. After that you will talk to the survivors and have a memorable discussion.

The End.

.................................................. .......
While writing this text, my computer crashed twice, I'm very sorry I didn't write more, but I don't have the patience to sit here any longer. I'm working on the mission for a week or so now, and I still haven't begun with the Borg building part. I hope some skilled people out there find this useful!

Yours,
Lee
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
[quote=CptLee39]I created this thread for everyone, who haven't the skills or patience to create good Foundry missions,
but has a good idea for a brilliant storyline or some very cool stuff that could happen during a mission.

A small joke for Starfleet missions
I also included a "joke", so you get hailed by a Klingon, but instead you see a Targ. The Targ makes funny noises, then you hear a Klingon shouting at everyone, why there's a Targ in front of the camera, then you cough slightly; the Klingon Captain notices you and tries to react like a honorable warrior, but is getting interrupted by the Targ again.

I found this joke very funny, because the Targ looks really strange and funny in the dialog box. Also, seeing how a Klingon is shown in a ridiculous situation is always funny (Sir, I protest, I am NOT a merry man!!! :p ) lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like your joke idea and have had one similar. A targ hops onto the Klingon console (like a cat on a computer keyboard) and hails your Federation ship accidentally while the Klingon ship or armada is cloaked in force for an assault on a starbase.

The surprise attack is not such a surprise but ensues nevertheless...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Well, since no one finds my stories interesting, I came up with another idea.
How about making Branched Missions?

For example, one mission could fail, when an important NPC dies (so you can't complete the mission.).
But this doesn't mean the end of the mission, but you have to play the next mission to continue the story.
Let me explain:

Mission 1
You have to do some stuff and in the end you have to protect an important ambassador on a peace negotiation. After the fight, you have to talk to the ambassador. If he dies, you won't be able to do that, but before the fight, you got the information, that failing on this just redirects you to the next mission, so you know what to do after that.

Mission 2
In this mission you were able to protect the ambassador and peace was declared. You have to fight side by side with your new allies, against some evil opponents.

Mission 3
Here, the ambassador died and you have to fight against the angry people of their race, who think that the Federation / the Klingons are responsible for this incident.

So it would be like:
.....................Mission 1............
succeeded.....................failed
-> Mission 2.................->Mission 3

You could also do more episodes, although this would cost you 7 mission slots.

.................................................. .............................Mission 1.................................................. ..
.........................................succeeded.................................................. ........failed......................
.......................................-> Mission 2.................................................. .....-> Mission 3..............
......................succeeded......................failed............................succeeded...................failed....
...................-> Mission 4.....................->Mission 5..................->Mission 6...............->Mission 7
..........->The last missions don't have a chance to fail, because the story can't continue..........

Ideas for other stories like this:

- You have to prevent a big catastrophe, like a supernova
-->success: you discover, that the supernova was artificially created by terrorists
-->failure: the survivors of the supernova hate you and want to kill you

- You have to protect a starbase
-->success: additional enemy forces will try to take over the station again
-->failure: you have to take over the station
(yeah i know, not very creative)

Yours,
Lee