Lt. Commander
A bit of an argument sprang up the other days and I need total clarification on this issues.

Grind missions for accolades. I'm not saying i want to make any of these but there is real confusion as to whether these are acceptable.

1) Is it ok to make a mission where you load several maps up with hundreds of ensign level mobs and just kill them with no story for an accolade. I, based off what wishtone/stormshade have said, believe that these are a violation of the rules, but someone suggested that the devs don't have a problem with these missions, because of something Salami_Inferno apparently said on the TTS feed and that it is only the ones were an exploit is used (ie exploding warp core on 100 fighters) are being banned, all the others are fine for accolade hunting.

2) Also if that is allowed, what about the same thing for ships for an accolade, which offer greater xp per kill than a ground mob. Can you make a map filled with ships to increase your accolade and get above average xp gain as a result. I again believe these are in violation of the rules, but if option 1 is allowed then it stands to reason option 2 is as well. Or is ground farming ok, and space farming not ok?

3) If these are not allowed at what point are they? If someone threw in some storyline could they be considered a task force style mission or a fleet action, or is any misison with an over realistic number of mobs frowned upon.

Can some please clarify is crystal clear language as I'm now just confused on the issue, as I don't want to start reporting the wrong missions, or telling people the wrong information.

Again, I believe options 1 and 2, are not allowed and option 3 is just barely allowed if there is enough story to go with it, but I'm just not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
A bit of an argument sprang up the other days and I need total clarification on this issues.

Grind missions for accolades. I'm not saying i want to make any of these but there is real confusion as to whether these are acceptable.

1) Is it ok to make a mission where you load several maps up with hundreds of ensign level mobs and just kill them with no story for an accolade.
No, and here is the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishstone
Please report missions that you feel go against fair play by being centered on farming / grinding or similar with the report functions in game.

We want the Foundry to be used for users to create missions. Set a scenario, create the world anew for yourself. The tool was not created to allow players to level up easier, to have a quicker way to gather Accolades, or similar. If your mission sets this as a goal in any form, we may take action. Please do not create missions that are geared towards boosting of any kind.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...06#post3500006

If that still isnt clear enough, then to be acceptable a mission with lots of NPCs must have:

A) An actual storyline

B) Main objectives other than killing those NPCs
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I read all that, I was in the thread were the argument took place. I pointed out that wishtones comments already seem to suggest that these are not allowed.

the reason I made this is because of that suggestion is in the other thread we were both in, is that Salami has said that those missions where acceptable.

i like you do not believe they are but if he did say that then we have a conflict of information here with a dev saying something totally different to what it appears wishstone said and i think we need someone to come and now double confirm. i dont want this thread to become a circular argument like the last one. i just want a dev/stormshade/wishtone/god himself to come in and confirm exactly what is what.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
I read all that, I was in the thread were the argument took place. I pointed out that wishtones comments already seem to suggest that these are not allowed.

the reason I made this is because of that suggestion is in the other thread we were both in, is that Salami has said that those missions where acceptable.

i like you do not believe they are but if he did say that then we have a conflict of information here with a dev saying something totally different to what it appears wishstone said and i think we need someone to come and now double confirm. i dont want this thread to become a circular argument like the last one. i just want a dev/stormshade/wishtone/god himself to come in and confirm exactly what is what.
There is no proof Salami said that, just someone saying he did. Until there is actual proof, then Wishstone's post is all that matters. And in reality, what Salami supposedly said doesnt contradict what Wishstone said.

1) Salami supposedly said missions where you kill 1,000 NPCs are ok

2) Wishstone said you cant make a mission where grinding is the main objective

Those 2 statements are not contradictory. Add them together and you get

3) You can make a mission with 1,000 NPCs, but killing them cant be the main objective of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There is no proof Salami said that, just someone saying he did. Until there is actual proof, then Wishstone's post is all that matters.
yes you're right there is no proof.

which is why im asking for total clarification. i want to be sure. fi you do not want to be sure then thats fine. you can believe wishtones post all you like. i personally would like to know 100% without any doubt in my mind.

i dont think that unreasonable to ask for that, before we spend the next two weeks telling everybody they cant make grind missions before wishtones comes in and says 'oh wait we were wrong, you can.'
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
yes you're right there is no proof.

which is why im asking for total clarification. i want to be sure. fi you do not want to be sure then thats fine. you can believe wishtones post all you like. i personally would like to know 100% without any doubt in my mind.

i dont think that unreasonable to ask for that, before we spend the next two weeks telling everybody they cant make grind missions before wishtones comes in and says 'oh wait we were wrong, you can.'
Please see my edited post
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Please see my edited post
maybe that's true. maybe that's exactly what he meant. maybe the other poster was totally mistaken. maybe 1000 optional NPC's are still considered grinding under wishtones original post, if the main objective is just to from point A to point B, and you have no choice but to fight tons of enemies over and over again across 10 maps.

i still want to know, not speculate on what might be.