Lt. Commander
# 1 Walk around in your own ship
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I would very much like it if we could walk around in our ship instead of just pilot it. Maybe flip between piloting and walking around inside.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 05:34 PM
You CAN walk around on your ship. Hit the arrow button on the right side of the screen, right under the mini-map and choose visit bridge. You can choose a layout size and a different bridge at the ship customization screen at a starbase.
Ensign
# 3 I had no idea!
02-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I had no idea I could do this until i saw your post. Thanks
Career Officer
# 4
02-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Also, if you are willing to pay the c-points, they have a pretty nice reproduction of a few sections of the Defiant and TOS Enterprise interiors with TNG supposedly on its way and an eventual way to design your own with the foundry sometime in the distant future.
Captain
# 5
02-17-2013, 03:09 PM
I doubt any new interiors are coming anytime soon - the Devs are more concerned with Season 8 (or "A lot of new content", as phrased by someone), and hopefully fixing the urrent issues in this game.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Career Officer
# 6
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Also, if you are willing to pay the c-points, they have a pretty nice reproduction of a few sections of the Defiant and TOS Enterprise interiors with TNG supposedly on its way and an eventual way to design your own with the foundry sometime in the distant future.
I didn't know the Defiant had its own interior, other than the bridge of course?!? I have the TOS interior and love it. It's pretty cool, even your quarters is nostalgic. Just need a T5 Connie to use it in.... (I know, I know.... don't go there! )
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 7
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I didn't know the Defiant had its own interior, other than the bridge of course?!? I have the TOS interior and love it. It's pretty cool, even your quarters is nostalgic. Just need a T5 Connie to use it in.... (I know, I know.... don't go there! )
It does, it's called "Belfast Bridge", part of the DS9 bundle.

Captain
# 8
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
As the others have mentioned, you can already visit your ship interior. However, other than special DOff assignments or private RP, there's not much else you can do, and certainly nothing like Bridge Commander.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 9 New idea for bridge and combat
03-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I've been hearing buzz for quite some time about functional bridges and the like. This has always seemed a bit unrealistic to me given the way combat flows in STO. I think and exciting alternative would be to have the upper left hand part of the HUD replace the current window with one that allows you to see your bridge interior from the point of view of the mainscreen while in combat. It is a classic Trek shot: the crew and captain sitting at stations while flames and explsions rock the ship. While this is not really anything functional it lends a certain flavor to the game and addresses the bridge emersive experience that I think most players are asking for.
Captain
# 10
03-16-2013, 08:47 PM
I think that sort of arrangement will impede combat ability. There's not enough room in the HUD to start with, I don't want more clutter.

However, the Bridge Commander approach - hit spacebar for the bridge view - would work very nicely in this game. No Saffi Larsen = I'm happy.