Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
having a fps (frame rate speed) is indicaion of how many frames of graphics are being drawn per second. You want higher rate the better having a rate of 9-13 means your cpu/graphics card combination is unable to run the game at what most would consider an acceptable rate (above 30) . for the video setting you have set in the game.

you might want to try setting the launcher option to use safe mode.

this lowers the game setting to bare minium then with the /showfps on adjust the setting while you watch the fps until you have an good balence between rate and graphic looks.

it is alss possible your gpu may be overheating .

and yes with you connected directly you will not have the sireless problem but it is still possible the router/modem has problems handling the packet bursts but I think that is unlikely.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah if your fps is that low it sounds like that might very well be your problem cryptic has updated some of the graphic options over time so that may be why your just seeing problems. Also keep in mind every instance you encounter has different demands on your gpu i have found ground to increase gpu usage quite a bit. Doing what the tech says is a good idea adjust graphics while your fps is low to a stable 30 plus. Lowering your aa level and turning post processing off will make a big change i am not that familiar with 120gt but im pretty sure that is a fairly old or low gpu if you have to lower the settings significantly and do not like the resulting graphics you will have to upgrade you gpu. Also of note 60fps is usually the desired fps.

Also you may want to enable v sync or max fps of 60.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Well I have been starting the game in safe mode plus I adjusted the video settings pretty low. My fps is running any where from around 45-60 and I still have periods of lag. When it is lagging the fps is around 5 or so but at least I can move around and do things a little better. I would still like to figure out this problem so I can be more affective in STF's. If anybody has any more suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for the help so far.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Can u take a couple pictures of your video settings or post them here. That should help,
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryton2 View Post
Well I have been starting the game in safe mode plus I adjusted the video settings pretty low. My fps is running any where from around 45-60 and I still have periods of lag. When it is lagging the fps is around 5 or so but at least I can move around and do things a little better. I would still like to figure out this problem so I can be more affective in STF's. If anybody has any more suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for the help so far.
Are you monitoring your CPU and GPU temps (just throwing ou some other possibilities because that would also cause an FPS stepdown if they were hovering near their respective heat threshholds)

Second have you done a virus/malware check recently because any unnecessary process running in the backgropund leeching CPU cycles might cause this as well.

And I posit the above only because of the fact this seems to hit in cycles of 2 or so minutes; although is it were a heat threshold issue; I'd be a little surprised that the CPU and GPU are able to recover and cool down enough again for your FPS to increase after teh first slowdown event.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Well I just realized something, while replying and trying to load up a screen shot I left the game running in the background. When the game lags out my computer runs super slow. So it sounds like to me my computer is to blame for all my lagging. Does that sound right to you guys and gals. Could still use some suggestions.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryton2 View Post
Well I just realized something, while replying and trying to load up a screen shot I left the game running in the background. When the game lags out my computer runs super slow. So it sounds like to me my computer is to blame for all my lagging. Does that sound right to you guys and gals. Could still use some suggestions.

Thanks
It is not unheard of that the game eats up CPU resources depending on in game settings. If it happens again, look at the performance tab of the Task Manager. If you dtry turning off Dynamic lighting, and turning shadows to low, it may alleviate the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I downloaded afterburner and have been watching it. When laging my gpu usage drops form 42% to 5%. Fan runns consistent and heat doesnt rise. Dynamic lighting is off and so is the shadows. Still there but not as persistent tonight.Also cannot find another aplication running in the background.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Again i would like to know your video settings but i would suggest lowering everything to absolute minimal and see if you encounter the problem then, If you do not then u can begin to slowly increase settings.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Having trouble uploading a screenshot of my video settings but I have set them really low and Im still having lag issues.