Lt. Commander
# 1 Map Transitions
04-25-2011, 11:20 PM
I know I have posted threads that are pretty much about the same thing. I just wanna know how I can get a map transition to work when I wanna use a door on a map or one I have to add, either way. I have several locations on a ship that I wanna use for my mission. I just need to know how I can get my captian from deck to deck by using map transitions or whatever. I need real help, not someone telling me the same thing that I asked. So, please help if you can!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 11:51 PM
In your story tab simply set the next objective to be on a different map. Then when they complete the last objective on that map, a pop up will automatically show that lets them change to the next deck.

If you want you can add a Turbolift to each deck and have the final objective on that deck be to enter the turbolift or use the turbolift. In order to do that put an objective to either reach a reach marker set inside the turbolift (reduce the radius to 2 meters and try to center it inside the turbolift so that it doesn't trigger until they get inside), or you can set an interact with either the turbolift door as the object, or an invisible box as the object (the whole wall with the turbolift will flash if you use it as the object, which is the only reason to use the invisible box).

Then on the next deck you can have the spawn in front of a similar turbolift you placed there. That's all just an aesthetic thing though, and not required. The only real requirement is to set the next objective to be on a different map and that will allow the map transition to take place.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Here is a video that might help you. Map transitions were a real struggle for me until I understood the basics.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...ansitions-101/