Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Very interesting article, I like how they are handling it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
A very interesting article indeed, thank you for letting us see a little inside of how the development process is done and how much care is brought in making the game. It would be nice to have weekly insiders about what is the focus of these playsets.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2009, 09:14 PM
i always enjoy reading those blogs...just kind of a downer when its always a very broad, top level description of what goes down cuz essentially you're describing (in this blog) the basics of how a team project comes together and uses feedback to help keep the project moving and improving...this concept can apply in pretty much ANY business setting, regardless of what the end product is going to be.

SO...instead of telling us about the basics of business, how bout offering us a sample of what your hard work and effort has produced so far? like oh...say...an in game video?

PS. i do appreciate any new articles to read, in the end its better than nothing
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2009, 09:20 PM
A good read! I enjoyed the article, not the least because of the glimpse of the professionalism on board in the design team.

STO seems to be in very good hands!

Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veglargh View Post
A video is somewhat over due. The last video was 10 months ago. Thank you for the article.
Agreed. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Although very blunt, I agree with the guy's comment on the page. We are getting a lot of ohh this game is going to be great, but very little in the screenshot and video department. How about posting a video of one of the playtests? That would spark interest.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Good article, glad to hear the game is solid thus far. More info please
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Did you ever have an entire month solidly booked up? And your most anticipated movie came out at the start of that month? And you spent the entire month hearing how awesome the movie was and how great it was visually and couldn't see any of it?

Did you eventually get so annoyed that you just waited til it came out on video because you knew it couldn't possibly live up to the awesome word of mouth and didn't want to spend the money at the theater?

That's what you guys are doing now to STO. I'm slowly getting closer to the "Wait til Cryptic drops the price by half like they always do 6 months post release" camp. We haven't had any real gameplay videos other than the generic combat sequences in that first video from over a year ago and then the character creation video which didn't really give us much other than a few screenshots in slideshow format and one "live" manipulation demo...

It's time for another video. Fraps is your friend. Toss that stupid GalaxyQuest/Star Wars music on it that you guys used to ruin the character creation video and post it on here so we can see some of this hard work you guys keep telling us is keeping you too busy to give us more info...
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM
good read keep up the good work
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-05-2009, 10:54 PM
it's interesting to read about what you do every week glad to see how committed you are to this game