Lt. Commander
# 1 What should be done with PVP.
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
There's no doubt PVP needs to be fixed. It's bland, and continuously the same thing over and over.

What needs to be done is a new territory capture system. It needs to be intricate. It needs to show awards for winning, and failures for losing.

We need a system that allows open pvp combat in sector space, as well as in every system. The system should have control points in both space and ground. We should have moving front lines. Each system should be in some way connected with the next system, with some representation of supply.

No matter what anyone says, PVP is what drives the endgame. This is what people want. This is what should happen. Let's make it happen. All these updates a.k.a. the foundry, new crew system, etc., are nice, but really what should have been worked on the entire time is a new PVP system like what I've mentioned above.

Ok, feel free to flame away!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
We need a system that allows open pvp combat in sector space, as well as in every system. The system should have control points in both space and ground. We should have moving front lines. Each system should be in some way connected with the next system, with some representation of supply.
Yeah, I mean it sounds like fun, but . . . I can guarantee you this is never going to happen. At some point they will probably get around to making changes to PvP, and maybe they'll have resource control and territory in some form. I hope they'll deal with the balance issues, introduce more maps, and bring in some better reward systems for PvP. But turning the game into one gigantic PvP arena? I'm pretty sure "Drive Away 95% of Player Base Overnight" is not part of their business plan for the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
If they would just introduce a map based on some new objective - that would be a 50% improvement right there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I am opposed to world-wide Open PvP. But I am totally aboard with a Open PvP Sector Block. Territory Control, good rewards will do enough to drive people to it, even those that don't PvP now. (In fact, some don't PvP right now because they find the Arenas and CapnHolds lame).

Forcing PvP on everyone where this was never a game feature before is definitely a business killer. And even as a PvP player, I don't want it everywhere. I like to have safe zones and enjoy some story mission content. DSEs were already annoying enough.

But for a start, things could be a lot more modest and get grander:
  1. New Arena Map
  2. New CapnHold Map
  3. New War Zone Map
  4. New Game Mode (or restoring an old one - Space Assault anyone?)
  5. Foundry PvP Map/Mode support
  6. Leaderboards
  7. PvP Tournament Organization tools
  8. Fleet Starbase PvP Defense
  9. Territory Control Sector Block
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
New Game Mode (or restoring an old one - Space Assault anyone?)
What was space assault, and why did it go away?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
What was space assault, and why did it go away?
A different PvP map. I don't remember how it worked, as it was almost never played. The old Queue System worked a little differently, with the end effect that the Space Assault map was always only found when you scrolled down, and the mechanics didn't seem clear to most. But it was basically before I really started PewPewing.

Anyway, with the new Queue, the map disappeared. Maybe because it wasn't played before, or due to some technical issue, or because they didn't know whether this should count as CnH or Arena and they didn't want a 5th and 6th entry in the list to clutter the players around... Short, I don't know, it's gone, and never reappeared. We don't even have any statements why it was done away with. It wasn't even made available as a challenge map.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
I am opposed to world-wide Open PvP. But I am totally aboard with a Open PvP Sector Block. Territory Control, good rewards will do enough to drive people to it, even those that don't PvP now. (In fact, some don't PvP right now because they find the Arenas and CapnHolds lame).

Forcing PvP on everyone where this was never a game feature before is definitely a business killer. And even as a PvP player, I don't want it everywhere. I like to have safe zones and enjoy some story mission content. DSEs were already annoying enough.

1. New Arena Map
  2. New CapnHold Map
  3. New War Zone Map
  6. Leaderboards
QFT. I agree 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:

1. New Arena Map
  2. New CapnHold Map
  3. New War Zone Map
  6. Leaderboards

ya ya ya!

I don't play a game unless it offers me the whole package; single-player & multi-player experience

Would love to see moar PVP in this game. Nothing too crazy, just improve on what's already there: PVP maps we get thru the queues and also Ker'rat style warzone play pe ewpew

pew pew
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
  1. New Arena Map
  2. New CapnHold Map
  3. New War Zone Map
  6. Leaderboards
This please.

Moar maps, moar games, moar variety, moar end game, moar coal, moar pew pew.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2011, 03:25 AM
How bout some ideas for the fleet based matches...

a space battle, if you can breach the defenses you can board the station, try to take it over. instead of red and blue squads, attacker/defender

and each base would be customizable automated defenses(turrets/ force fields) could be bought and placed, perhaps even some NPCs in both space and ground.

rewards would have to be high, any other ideas?