Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Umm, I think not. I see it miss when attacking fighters or other items with high bonus defense. No more or less than what non-FAW beams do.
Then you have not tested it... the dmg also does not change based on targets defense rating. Its hard to prove one way or the other given the log system. Hopefully Cryptic is looking into the reported issue. I seem to remember a time when people defended old old FAWs dmg with dbb. It was out of wack but took some very detailed testing to prove out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
It's not less than 1%.

I've been using FAW more commonly since the update, as it was actually made useful. Even so, I still miss more times with it active than I do with it inactive.

Yesterday while doing a community authored mission, I noticed that I was missing quite a bit, even against small fighters. However, this was also the same deal when I did my B'trans a few days ago going up against Romulans.
I have been using faw as my staple for lvling my alts for the last month and i have never once noticed a miss NEVER while using faw, i'd suggest u take a closer look into things before posting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Umm, I think not. I see it miss when attacking fighters or other items with high bonus defense. No more or less than what non-FAW beams do.
I wonder if this is the level of testing that Cryptic does before stuff gets released...

"Pretty lights, stuff died, so... meh, it'll work. Next!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Just make it what everyone assumed it would be when Snix first posted about the change:
  • Have FAW fire only one pulse instead of two
  • Have half of the shots hit the selected target while the other half hit random targets
  • The random shots can also hit the primary target
  • Change drain back to what it was with old FAW
  • Fix the accuracy bug so FAW can miss

Can we all agree on this so Cryptic has something to work with?
I like it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
It's not less than 1%.

I've been using FAW more commonly since the update, as it was actually made useful. Even so, I still miss more times with it active than I do with it inactive.

Yesterday while doing a community authored mission, I noticed that I was missing quite a bit, even against small fighters. However, this was also the same deal when I did my B'trans a few days ago going up against Romulans.
Mm.. Someone posted not too long ago about a combatreport, where there were clearly fewer misses with FAW.. 2nd hand, so I wouldnt know for certain.. LF as a team have only used it like 3 times since it was made into the abomination of a skill it is now.. All 3 times were fast and easy wins, far faster and easier than our regular builds. We do have a couple of people using it, but thats mainly DBB escorts these guys have flown since Chapter 1 or so..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Then you have not tested it... the dmg also does not change based on targets defense rating. Its hard to prove one way or the other given the log system. Hopefully Cryptic is looking into the reported issue. I seem to remember a time when people defended old old FAWs dmg with dbb. It was out of wack but took some very detailed testing to prove out.
TBH, FAW back then was a minor issue.. It was damn hard to use with a DBB escort.. Had to keep targets at the edge of the arc, unless you were pushing them with TBR, and well.. TBR = Less heals in a very important Sci Lt slot.

The only ship that was truely sickening with 4DBB FAWing was a BOP.. Tac Buffs + evasive + Aux Batt + TBR3 + PSW1 + FAW3 + Beta1 + HYT1 made for a pretty insane alphastrike

And you still had 2 Engineer and 1 Science LT slots and 2 Engineer and a Science Ensign slots for survivability..

Pretty potent
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Just make it what everyone assumed it would be when Snix first posted about the change:
  • Have FAW fire only one pulse instead of two
  • Have half of the shots hit the selected target while the other half hit random targets
  • The random shots can also hit the primary target
  • Change drain back to what it was with old FAW
  • Fix the accuracy bug so FAW can miss

Can we all agree on this so Cryptic has something to work with?
I like it. Have individual beam shots be more powerful for FAW 2 and 3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-26-2011, 08:46 PM
I think the biggest issue about FaW is it's ability to instantly double o triple DMG output with little drawbacks.

An ENSIGN skill shouldn't be allowed to out-boost the entire repertoire of a Tactical Alpha Strike.

Damage boost should be scaled and DIVIDED between primary beam and pulse, something like this:

FaW 1 = 110% Beam DMG (50% to primary beam, 50% to secondary pulse)
FaW 2 = 120% Beam DMG (60% to primary beam, 40% to secondary pulse)
FaW 3 = 130% Beam DMG (70% to primary beam, 30% to secondary pulse)

That's just a draft, percentages can be modified and tweaked to adjust to the intended purpouse of BFAW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
/signed

(10char)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Just make it what everyone assumed it would be when Snix first posted about the change:
  • Have FAW fire only one pulse instead of two
  • Have half of the shots hit the selected target while the other half hit random targets
  • The random shots can also hit the primary target
  • Change drain back to what it was with old FAW
  • Fix the accuracy bug so FAW can miss

Can we all agree on this so Cryptic has something to work with?
What is the overall damage buff?

Is it a good idea that you might lose DPS against the primary target? (I know this was always the case, and I think it was always a problem. Buffs normally don't work like that.)

I think it would be better to reduce the powers uptime and adjust the damage per pulse down.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.