Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Cool, I'm not guilty of four out of four!!!! (I don't count "The Admiral's Gopher" since I spent more time placing the lamp posts in that city than coming up with the "story")
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphoner
Awww I have a good borg story too....
About a Borg ship that went missing around ESD?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
I can say I'm guilty of #2, but it was my first mission. My later missions are alittle more elaborate.
Nothing wrong with the missing ship thing, it can be done so many ways, it just needs to be different.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
About a Borg ship that went missing around ESD?
Close, it has to be a Borg ship that went missing at ESD with a lot of mobs.....
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm tired of everyone making my toon say "Make it so!" or "assimilate THIS!" I have begun reducing star grade for the overuse of tired cliches in missions. One guy in the 300+ hours of film and tv shows says "make it so" and every other foundry author thinks all of Starfleet says it every other sentence.

Other than that, I am liking what is out there so far. Mostly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
hmm ok Im going to scrap my mission then (dont worry I wasnt far along with it at all) I was going to do a borg nanites got lose in esd med bay...I kinda want to use the premise but I havent found a good setting for it...Thing X breaks containment in sci lab and you have to go kill it...or capture it contain and beam it back where it came from...the system for me isnt very intuitive.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Granted I haven't played a ton of missions, but so far the only one's I've played that have the Borg in them are my own. Hopefully we see the ability to search by enemy type in Foundry missions so people can avoid missions containing enemy groups they'd rather not fight.

Personally, I enjoy fighting the Borg as they are one of the enemy groups in the game that don't suffer from the one-shot bug when playing missions on advanced or elite.

I have to say my biggest pet peeve with the Foundry isn't so much what the authors are doing but that blasted search function being almost useless. About the only thing that causes me to drop a Foundry mission is when I have no chance at finding where it starts or missions where the NPC you have to talk to gets killed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
"Mission text begin:
[PlayerRank], please report to Earth Spacedock. We have been receiving reports of missing ships in the area, and believe the Borg are involved. Good luck!
Mission text ends."

Tired of the Borg? ESD getting you bummed? Too many NPC's bogging you down? Then try "Peace at Last?", a mission with none of these and 18 decent ratings! "Four stars is good by me", says Neotom52345, author of "Peace at last?"! Play now!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
1) anything Borg.......I've referenced some Romulan-Borg hybrid technology in my mission series but no actual Borg are included

2) rescue the missing ship....used this one as a hook to kick off the mission series and draw the player into a much bigger story for the follow up missions

3) having people to go ESD for no valid reason.....I'm not a fan of having missions come from ground contacts where you have no valid reason to speak to them in person or visit their location, I try to have a bridge officer announce an incoming hail for my missions followed by some mission giving dialogue with the contact.

Is that a sufficient defence or do I have to plead guilty to these infractions of Foundry Usage "laws" ? :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I hate missions that start on ESD or Q'nos and have me find some random console. It's far easier to find a planet in this game, Sector Block + Planet Name are easy to find. The 3rd console of the left in the upper floor is ... meh.