Lt. Commander
# 41
05-13-2011, 02:47 PM
As much as I love the Mirror Universe, and it is my favorite aspect of the Star Trek Universe, Terran Empire plots are usually well over used.

1: Bad star Fleet Officer goes rogue
2: Stop your counterpart
3: Destroy a few Terran Ships
4: Kill a few Terrans
5: Evil plot thwarted

I'd like to see a lot more creativity to the Terran Empire, it's not all brutal take over of the Universe. A great story highlighting something new about the Mirror Universe would be fantastic.... or why not a completely new reality. I doubt the Mirror Universe is all that exists in the multiverse.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Soooo...if you had a mission that started you at ESD, but the reason you had to go there was to talk to a member of the Federation Council who specifically tells you why she summoned you back to earth. That being she needed to talk to you in person. Further you wouldn't actually have to travel anywhere after that because of clever use of the Foundry. Would that violate the whole ESD thing? Cause if so I guess I'm going to be on the bad boy list

The rest of the mission; however, violates none of the other "rules"
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Soooo...if you had a mission that started you at ESD, but the reason you had to go there was to talk to a member of the Federation Council who specifically tells you why she summoned you back to earth. That being she needed to talk to you in person. Further you wouldn't actually have to travel anywhere after that because of clever use of the Foundry. Would that violate the whole ESD thing? Cause if so I guess I'm going to be on the bad boy list

The rest of the mission; however, violates none of the other "rules"
IMO, as long as there is a valid reason to go there fine. But its sending people there when the same conversation could(and should, in Trek) be had over subspace communication that I dont like. And regarding your other point, I'm not really a big fan of being magically transported to the place I'm going from ESD unless there is a good reason for that too. Traveling is a basic mechanic of the game, and while I dont "enjoy" it per say, it adds realism to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
IMO, as long as there is a valid reason to go there fine. But its sending people there when the same conversation could(and should, in Trek) be had over subspace communication that I dont like. And regarding your other point, I'm not really a big fan of being magically transported to the place I'm going from ESD unless there is a good reason for that too. Traveling is a basic mechanic of the game, and while I dont "enjoy" it per say, it adds realism to the mission.
True, but there is a very valid reason for the trick I pulled. The location is a fictional star system and there was a significant amount of optional but very usefull background information I needed to deliver. I solved both problems in a way that is not magical but I think satisfying.

Nagus, if you are intrigued enough the mission is on live but flagged as beta-testing because there are some issues still being worked out (namely wander) that need a live version to see. If you want to see the beta-version give me a PM and I will tell you the mission name.