Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
Those missions are created in less than 5 minutes. So another player will do it.
You dont seem to be getting this, but once a person loses their publishing abilities, they are gone forever. Eventually either people will realize "hey, I dont want to permanently lose my publishing abilities" or the amount of people who create these missions will be depleted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
Those missions are created in less than 5 minutes. So another player will do it.
Straight up killing things is not going to level you all that fast without exploits.

Beyond that, the fact that people are doing this says, to me, that the leveling process takes too long for the amount of variety and quality of missions available. The STOked guys were talking about this and I think they're right.

I can't say what's going on with these missions:

A) Because there almost have to be exploits for it to be a rapid leveling mechanism
B) Because I haven't played it

But I think a lot more of our characters are artificially devalued through a pointless amount of time spent leveling than by people apparently trying to level faster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You dont seem to be getting this, but once a person loses their publishing abilities, they are gone forever. Eventually either people will realize "hey, I dont want to permanently lose my publishing abilities" or the amount of people who create these missions will be depleted.
There is a flipside to this, Nagus:

Buying a spare copy of the game is cheaper than an 8 hour XP boost.

The leveling process just takes too long compared to the variety of content available. It's an inflated process.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
There was some shortsightedness in creating a system where diplomacy missions grant zero xp per completion (and, even now, only in threesomes) while grinders offered both xp and accolades.

I wonder what happened to mission average completion times factoring into xp and having hard caps and floors to ensure there's less reason to exploit?

I mean, materially, combat-heavy grinders offered the only SP for leveling for weeks and still outpace the current numbers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
Solution: deactivate XP per Enemy in foundry missions - that won`t hurt anybody.
It will certainly hurt me and the other players in the KDF that use the foundry for leveling, even as paltry and slow as that may be, it's still better than mindless grinding of empire defense clusters and waiting hours for pvp to pop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
It will certainly hurt me and the other players in the KDF that use the foundry for leveling, even as paltry and slow as that may be, it's still better than mindless grinding of empire defense clusters and waiting hours for pvp to pop.
I wonder why missions don't grant xp based on competition times with a hard cap to prevent exploiting?

I had thought this was going to be the way to prevent grinders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-26-2011, 04:46 PM
What you call grinding someone else calls fun.....it's a bit like the STF's.....some people love to fight mob after mob,others call it hell.

The situation is not helped by Cryptic's unwillingness to define 'grinding'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-26-2011, 04:46 PM
At the end of the day the foundry was pointless from start, If I wanted to do mission for the sake of it i would do replay missions atleast I would get some reward and xp. but foundry when their is no real point except just to fight is no challenge or require any sort of brain power or strategy.

So remove foundry and cryptic just make mission, but cryptic will need to make more than what they are to keep people happy.

At the end of the day grinding does in no way affect you, if the person grinding wants to do it to level faster then let them. can you really blame people on KDF side. it does nothing to hurt or affect you

Please dont take what i said above to mean that I do grind coz i dont.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
What you call grinding someone else calls fun.....it's a bit like the STF's.....some people love to fight mob after mob,others call it hell.

The situation is not helped by Cryptic's unwillingness to define 'grinding'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishstone
We want the Foundry to be used for users to create missions. Set a scenario, create the world anew for yourself. The tool was not created to allow players to level up easier, to have a quicker way to gather Accolades, or similar. If your mission sets this as a goal in any form, we may take action. Please do not create missions that are geared towards boosting of any kind.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...06#post3500006
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leea123 View Post
At the end of the day the foundry was pointless from start, If I wanted to do mission for the sake of it i would do replay missions atleast I would get some reward and xp. but foundry when their is no real point except just to fight is no challenge or require any sort of brain power or strategy.

So remove foundry and cryptic just make mission, but cryptic will need to make more than what they are to keep people happy.

At the end of the day grinding does in no way affect you, if the person grinding wants to do it to level faster then let them. can you really blame people on KDF side. it does nothing to hurt or affect you

Please dont take what i said above to mean that I do grind coz i dont.
Thats your opinion, and your entitled to it. However, not everyone cares about ph4t l00tz. I play missions for the story, and since the Foundry has come out I have had a new story to enjoy every day, which is more than any other MMO gives me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.