Lt. Commander
# 31
04-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Who said the mod will pull it before reviewing?
I have trust issues.....
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Hi Pot, meet Kettle.
James T. Picard - Senior Member
unf13 - Junior Member

You were saying?
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf13
James T. Picard - Senior Member
unf13 - Junior Member

You were saying?
He seems to be saying that being on a video game message board and telling someone else on a video game message board that they should find better things to do with their time makes you look like a hypocrite. And I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage_Wolf
He seems to be saying that being on a video game message board and telling someone else on a video game message board that they should find better things to do with their time makes you look like a hypocrite. And I agree.
If by pointing out that posting the umptenth thread on ridiculous subject based on false facts for something that has already been patched and rectified makes me a hypocrite, so be it.

Looks to me more like someone trying to troll me, so if you dont have a point to make on the thread subject how about we drop it?
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
There was some shortsightedness in creating a system where diplomacy missions grant zero xp per completion (and, even now, only in threesomes) while grinders offered both xp and accolades.

I wonder what happened to mission average completion times factoring into xp and having hard caps and floors to ensure there's less reason to exploit?

I mean, materially, combat-heavy grinders offered the only SP for leveling for weeks and still outpace the current numbers.
I think they took that 'system' out (ie giving a mission reward based on length, etc.) for the 'wrapper mission' - where the wrapper mission is what gets you the more stand 'Dev Type' rewards for doing Foundry stuff.

I tremember back at the end of the Foundry closed beta that Dev 'Zero' had said the extra reward fpr mission length was already in, but in playing Foundry missions when the Foundry was on Tribble and now of Live; I have never gotten any SP or EXP from a Foundry mission, excpt from Space and Ground combat kills.

So, again, I thig the Devs opted for the 'wrapper mission' style reward instead for the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
Map setup seems to be 100 mobs and you just warp in and explode...and thereby kill a lot of mobs.
This thread might have had a point two weeks ago. But you seem to have missed the patch, and the thread where Cryptic explained the deletions. The patch nerfed the "fighter grinds" with a change to Warp Core Breach. Also, Cryptic deleted the missions that used this mechanic, and none of them "came back." Wish said they had one or two cases where people republished deleted missions, and they revoked those authors' access to the tool. Even if there are hidden missions similar to the prior ones, they were still nerfed by the patch. People aren't likely to waste time making or playing them if they don't work any more.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
This thread might have had a point two weeks ago. But you seem to have missed the patch, and the thread where Cryptic explained the deletions. The patch nerfed the "fighter grinds" with a change to Warp Core Breach. Also, Cryptic deleted the missions that used this mechanic, and none of them "came back." Wish said they had one or two cases where people republished deleted missions, and they revoked those authors' access to the tool. Even if there are hidden missions similar to the prior ones, they were still nerfed by the patch. People aren't likely to waste time making or playing them if they don't work any more.
Catching up: Wishstone said to report grind missions, and you claim that missions where you kill hundreds of NPCs arent grinding. So what is your definition of grinding?
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
There is nothing wrong with a mission where a player beams in and fights a bunch of enemies and there is no plot

KLINGON PLAYERS HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A YEAR...IT'S CALLED EMPIRE DEFENSE
lol. Spoken like a true warrior of the empire. Trying to make a Klingon play a "story" before killing stuff isn't just silly, it's downright insulting.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
People can/will report you for creating a grinding mission,which will get the mission pulled....no mod will ever play the mission to see if they are right or not.
That doesn't seem to be how it works. There are about a dozen or so missions on the system right now that have hundreds of ratings, and surely been reported many times already, and they have not been automatically pulled. The ones that got depublished before were done by customer service, based on what Cryptic said about how it happened. They have never said, and it doesn't appear to be the case, that a mission gets automatically depublished when it's reported.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
lol. Spoken like a true warrior of the empire. Trying to make a Klingon play a "story" before killing stuff isn't just silly, it's downright insulting.
Get a clue. The 8 KDF episodes that they added in Season 2 are generally regarded to be the best in the game and Klingon players love them. I guess you dont actually play the faction or you would know that.