Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello All,

I logged onto Tribble last night to see what was up with the Oberth Science vessel and its unique universal console.

After looking over what the new plasma manifold offered, I found it lacking.

IMO the existing Red Matter Capacitor does everything that the new Manifold does and does it better.

Iíd also like to add that the Red Matter Capacitor is only a Device Slot Item.

I must admit that sometimes I canít find the Forest because all those darn Trees block my view

AM I missing the point of this new Plasma Manifold?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Hello All,

I logged onto Tribble last night to see what was up with the Oberth Science vessel and its unique universal console.

After looking over what the new plasma manifold offered, I found it lacking.

IMO the existing Red Matter Capacitor does everything that the new Manifold does and does it better.

Iíd also like to add that the Red Matter Capacitor is only a Device Slot Item.

I must admit that sometimes I canít find the Forest because all those darn Trees block my view

AM I missing the point of this new Plasma Manifold?
Yes...

You have to buy it with ATARI Tokens....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Yes...

You have to buy it with ATARI Tokens....
DING! DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Now that I think more about the Oberth Class as a complete vessel; wasnít its reason for being added to the MMO to help fill the gaps that were found in the variety of vessels that were available to us in the early game?

Why now is the T2 vessel being sold in the C-Store?

Will there be an in-game method for new player or those rolling alts to acquire the Oberth?

In reflection perhaps a better rout to take with the Oberth would be to add the vessel itself in-game as a free ship like the Miranda without the Special console.

The console itself can be added to the C-Store has part of some kind of energy boosting pack that includes the Red Matter Capacitor and some other type of short term power boosting item that only adds power to weapons and engines.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Everything... EVERYTHING is a potential c-store item now. You do realize that with the exception of releasing the Foundry on holodeck, everything that has been released/talked in the past two months about is a c-store item. Take a look at the calender if you want confirmation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
The console itself can be added to the C-Store has part of some kind of energy boosting pack that includes the Red Matter Capacitor and some other type of short term power boosting item that only adds power to weapons and engines.
That's the worst possible suggestion - literally buying power in the C-store.

Which this is, anyway, and it disgusts me, especially given the long, grueling fight to get the max-tier ships off C-store only status and hold Cryptic to their word.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
That's the worst possible suggestion - literally buying power in the C-store.

Which this is, anyway, and it disgusts me, especially given the long, grueling fight to get the max-tier ships off C-store only status and hold Cryptic to their word.
Yep, so much for the statement that only none beneficial items will ever be in the c-store.

Of course it will probably be available in game for a stupid ammount of grind time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Yep, so much for the statement that only none beneficial items will ever be in the c-store.

Of course it will probably be available in game for a stupid ammount of grind time.
At such a low tier, ANY emblem grind for a ship would be stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, not everyone HAS a Red Matter Capacitor... But even then, it's just too hard to get for the people that would actually get the most use from it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
I guess the point behind the Oberth is the same as the NX and Connie...to allow people to have another "vanity" ship that's fairly useless at upper tiers, but nifty to fly around in. It might be slightly more useful at tier 1 in PvP vs. Klingons, because it has the cloak detection abilities. The Miranda and Connie are useless against a tier 1 BoP.

The console, on the other hand...would be useful if you had it, but not worth the money if you don't want the ship.