Lt. Commander
# 1 Demo --> Full Game
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi everybody.
this is my first post, but I've been lurking a little bit around the forums
I've recently downloaded the demo version of the game and have played it through fully quite a number of times, trying to improvise new and more inventive ways to destroy that Orion cruizer
I've been really enjoying the demo and am seriously considering subscribing to the full version of the game.

Firstly, I'm sorry if this question is naiive or nooby, but please, bear with me as I'm fairly new to this

My question is this: If/when I subscribe to the game, is it just a case of purchasing an activation code to upgrade the demo that I downloaded, or will I have a lengthy download to suffer through for the full game? That is to say, is the demo just a restricted version of the full game, or do I have to download another game? The demo itself took an eternity to download on my pathetic internet connection and I've been dreading having to do it again...
If that is the case, would I be safer simply purchasing a hard copy of the game from a store and installing from a disc?

Thank you, in advance of any help or guidance that you guys can provide.

EDIT; I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so my apologies if it isn't and please move as appropriate, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Hi everybody.
this is my first post, but I've been lurking a little bit around the forums
I've recently downloaded the demo version of the game and have played it through fully quite a number of times, trying to improvise new and more inventive ways to destroy that Orion cruizer
I've been really enjoying the demo and am seriously considering subscribing to the full version of the game.

Firstly, I'm sorry if this question is naiive or nooby, but please, bear with me as I'm fairly new to this

My question is this: If/when I subscribe to the game, is it just a case of purchasing an activation code to upgrade the demo that I downloaded, or will I have a lengthy download to suffer through for the full game? That is to say, is the demo just a restricted version of the full game, or do I have to download another game? The demo itself took an eternity to download on my pathetic internet connection and I've been dreading having to do it again...
If that is the case, would I be safer simply purchasing a hard copy of the game from a store and installing from a disc?

Thank you, in advance of any help or guidance that you guys can provide.

EDIT; I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so my apologies if it isn't and please move as appropriate, thanks!

The "demo" you have installed is in fact a full version of the game, only being limited by your account type. Once you buy a retail key, Hard copy or download, the game is open to you...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The "demo" you have installed is in fact a full version of the game, only being limited by your account type. Once you buy a retail key, Hard copy or download, the game is open to you...
OK, that's brilliant! Exactly what I wanted to hear, lol
Thanks for your response.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Though actually, you need to buy the Retail Key, AND either subscribe with a Credit Card or enter a purchased Game Time Card Key...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Well you will need more than the retail key code , you will also need to setup a recurring subscription or enter a gametime card. to active the key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, thanks guys. I know that I need an activation code and a subscription.
I just wasn't sure as to whether I'd need another lengthy download, after I'd purchased these things. (You reeeally don't wanna know how slow my internet is, lol)