Lt. Commander
Hello everybody. I am working on my next two foundry missions after the Vulcan Safari mission I did. They are called Who Gloats for Adonais? (a Federation mission) and Velociraptors Rule Forever (a KDF Klingon mission). So stay tuned I will update this thread about information from the two missions as I need to. And feel free to review and post thoughts on them when the missions come out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I really like the name of that Fed mission. It has a very TOS sound to it
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
*cough* no 'a' in Adonis...

Oops I may be wrong...apparently the original episode was about Adonis (Greek god), but spelled it like the Shelley poem? ...And worse still, it was about Apollo...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah that's exactly the way TOS spelled it in the episode title. Don't know why but it is weird though.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I hit a snag
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I have hit a snag. The foundry won't let me make Gorn as enemies in a KDF mission. And I can't make Klingons as enemies so I will have to put this mission on the back burner until I figure out how to do this. In the mean time I will work on my Fed mission...the Mirror Universe Greek Gods.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
I have hit a snag. The foundry won't let me make Gorn as enemies in a KDF mission. And I can't make Klingons as enemies so I will have to put this mission on the back burner until I figure out how to do this. In the mean time I will work on my Fed mission...the Mirror Universe Greek Gods.
Workaround: Place NPCs that are enemies of the KDF, and then reskin them as Gorn. But keep in mind whatever type of NPCs you use will have the standard attacks for that type of NPC, even if they have Gorn costumes on. If you want them to use weapons, your options are Fed, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion, etc. If you just want them to melee, you can use animals. You can even do a mix of Cardassian(for example) and animals, so you'll have some firing weapons and others attacking melee.
Lt. Commander
# 7 EULA violation
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Would it be a EULA violation to create my Mirror Universe Greek Gods mission? Because the only Greek God I know that has been an actual character on Star Trek is Apollo. So every other Greek God is fair game right? Or what?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Would it be a EULA violation to create my Mirror Universe Greek Gods mission? Because the only Greek God I know that has been an actual character on Star Trek is Apollo. So every other Greek God is fair game right? Or what?
My opinion:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...82#post3509482
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thanks. When I read that it cleared things up for me. Since I have never seen or heard of any story past or present depicting the Goddess Athena as an evil, ruthless, bloodthirsty goddess of war, I don't think I would get into any trouble if I did the mirror universe version of her...in that way.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
BTW I'm going to change the name of the Greek God mission from Who Gloats for Adonais to Athena the Red Eyed Goddess.