Lt. Commander
# 1 STF boss fixes!?!
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
As we all know already, STF bosses are way way way too underpowered! Frankly, they needed a boost before nerfed.... Ok so... Here are my ideas for STF bosses.
1 - Rebecca Simmons
She needs a whole lot more HP!!! If a boss can be downed in under 2 minutes they need HP. Rebecca Should have ~30000 shields and ~40000 HP, on VA ofc.
More dmg!!!! Shes a joke, the tactical drones do more then she does!

2 - Armek (the worst)
NEEDS HP SO SO SO SO BAD!!!!!!!! At minimum 60k shields and 50k HP, MINIMUM.
I rember when you needed a sci tank......... Lets see those times again! (Maybe somewhat less so a speced tact or engie can tank him)

3 - Donatra
Less cloak
More dmg
Massivly more HP

4 - Terra boss (forgot name)
When he gets low he does a wave that whipes team, with new patch this whipes all the sulus who dont respawn when you go back in.
More Hp

ALL ABOVE APPALY TO VA STFs
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
As we all know already, STF bosses are way way way too underpowered! Frankly, they needed a boost before nerfed.... Ok so... Here are my ideas for STF bosses.
1 - Rebecca Simmons
She needs a whole lot more HP!!! If a boss can be downed in under 2 minutes they need HP. Rebecca Should have ~30000 shields and ~40000 HP, on VA ofc.

2 - Armek (the worst)
I rember when you needed a sci tank......... Lets see those times again! (Maybe somewhat less so a speced tact or engie can tank him)

3 - Donatra
Less cloak
More dmg
Massivly more HP

When he gets low he does a wave that whipes team, with new patch this whipes all the sulus who dont respawn when you go back in.
More Hp

1) You know that her special shoot one shots many VAs even in the RA mission, do you?

2) Being a Tac I never had a problem tanking Armek, Its dumb to let a Sci tank him anyway if you have a Tac with the Squad leader kit and Skills, why? One word: Overwatch.
You know I had that discussion about SCIs and ENGs tanking several times during an STF now, and I still think its dumb. The only argument they could bring was that they could either heal their shields or HP themselves.

It was pretty funny when everyone complained about he group needing more damage(Terradome) and then complained again that I got the aggro from doing so.

Honestly guys nearly every MMORPG has the Healers Tanks and DDs; And scis are definitely healers, no matter how much they can heal themselves.
You can already read that from the tac officers skilltree: [Threat generation], [Squad leading]
Sorry Sci's and Engs but I don't see any skills like that in your skill trees.
Tacs also tend to have more HP than SCIs (About 100 - 250) I can't say the same about engineers as I have never looked at their Ground life points.

3) Agreed

4) More HP for him or the Sulus?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
You do know that the bosses are currently bugged, right? There was a post a month or so ago that mentioned that they were accidentally nerfed when they tried to adjust the elite borg drone HPs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
They also plan to give the STFs a makover and tie them to the difficulty Slider - and that currently (although they haven't made a final determination as this is still in the future development wise and will be determined sometime after the Season 4 release); the current level is most likely akin to 'Advanced' dificulty on the Difficulty slider.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
1) You know that her special shoot one shots many VAs even in the RA mission, do you?

2) Being a Tac I never had a problem tanking Armek, Its dumb to let a Sci tank him anyway if you have a Tac with the Squad leader kit and Skills, why? One word: Overwatch.
You know I had that discussion about SCIs and ENGs tanking several times during an STF now, and I still think its dumb. The only argument they could bring was that they could either heal their shields or HP themselves.

It was pretty funny when everyone complained about he group needing more damage(Terradome) and then complained again that I got the aggro from doing so.

Honestly guys nearly every MMORPG has the Healers Tanks and DDs; And scis are definitely healers, no matter how much they can heal themselves.
You can already read that from the tac officers skilltree: [Threat generation], [Squad leading]
Sorry Sci's and Engs but I don't see any skills like that in your skill trees.
Tacs also tend to have more HP than SCIs (About 100 - 250) I can't say the same about engineers as I have never looked at their Ground life points.

3) Agreed

4) More HP for him or the Sulus?
1) Rebecca is sooooo weak!
2) I only play tacts, squad lead can tank him yea... but u need atleast some spec or he will get ya.
3) and for him, and sulu needs to respawn :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I think that Rebecca Simmons is fine the way she is now. She was a tough cookie before they nerfed her. To satisfy those who like a challenge, I make the following suggestion: Have the RA version use the current stats. For the VA version, use the souped up stats from before the nerf.

For Armek, before the nerf, he could kill with just one or two shots. He had plenty of HP, but his attacks were way too powerful. For him, yes lets return his HP to pre-nerf levels, but keep his damage at post-nerf levels. I prefer to fight an enemy with lots of HPs, and a moderate to weak attacks instead of a monster with an Iron fist, but a glass jaw.

For KA and Terradome bosses, I haven't really had much fighting experience with those to make a call. I defer to those who have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
1) Rebecca is sooooo weak!
2) I only play tacts, squad lead can tank him yea... but u need atleast some spec or he will get ya.
3) and for him, and sulu needs to respawn :p
1) Try her with a random group with at least 2 people who have never done the mission before and you won't think so. As I said she is easy as long as her One-Hit ability doesn't strike.

2) Spec is the Key, If you ar a specced Tank, nobody will be able to tank her better than you Just wanted to take the chance to clarify it for everyone

3) It's been a long time since I last did that mission, but last time he DID respawn.(As did the whole room)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
1. I could see a bit more damage done by Becky, her AOE attack can be messy if you cluster together, but you just have to keep an eye out for it. More HP would be fine. She goes down easily now.

2. Eh.... His HP seems fine to me, might be able to go through a little buff but a huge one? nah.

3. No comment, can't get passed the bugged sphere spawns in the space portion. (Yes people, they happened, get over it)

4. My fleet currently has a sort of 'ban' on Terradome, we refuse to run it, simply because its so far gone even Gozer just went 'we kinda made it doable, its still bad though, not touching it till we remaster it.' so yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
1 - Rebecca Simmons

2 - Armek (the worst)

3 - Donatra
Less cloak
More dmg
Massivly more HP

More Hp

yea we did all the STF missions as the fleet im in and the elites are more difficult that the bosses

donatra doesnt need more HP just more attack power, and less time hiding

terradome boss is ok but he isnt tough its the spawns, the sulus and the gas that kill you more.

armek, my god man is he a over grown proto drone? a well speced tactical group 4 shotted him

Rebecca. she is ok but the needing to get close to people to do damage isnt good

and captian ogen and 4 of 10 is the only bosses that are ok, maybe give ogen a maximum range chase so they have to fight him in the room