Ensign
Hey everyone, been slaving away at this, but wanted to put a teaser up to get everyone excited. Also if anyone may provide a tad bit of tech support on some errors I have had that would be awesome.

http://youtu.be/oLUZuhkkXig

Even in the 25th century, all the technology of the galaxy can't protect you from the horror that awaits.

Teaser trailer for the new foundry mission: The Walking Red, for Star Trek Online. When the U.S.S. Valve doesn't return home from carrying survivors of a biological weapon, your crew is tasked with finding the vessel and returning everyone home. What the crew discovers will lead them on a terror filled journey to not only survive, but prevent a virus from spreading across the Federation.

The Walking Red is an attempt at bringing full fledged horror to Star Trek online, with features such as single and multiplayer gameplay (along with separate quests for up to 3 people). Featuring mainly ground combat and a very dialog and action packed story. Release date for testing is October 1, 2012.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Awesome stuff!!
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Ensign
# 3
09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks bubblygumsworth, Part 1 and most of Part 2 is practically complete, however I have a few pathing issues and glitches I am trying to clean up before I release it. Glad you liked it!
Captain
# 4
09-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Epic video well done like the setting very very very zombie realism
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Looking forward to playing it. On a related note, I just had an interesting idea for a foundry mission along similar lines that someone may want to run with. In The Walking Dead, the majority of the world are zombies and the human survivors are just a small minority. There is really no way to do that within the story of this game...at least not within this universe. But imagine an alternate universe where a "zombie" plague has infected almost everyone, and your ship gets accidentally transported there through some typical Trek-nobabble anomaly. That would be a great setting, IMO.
Career Officer
# 6
09-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Looking forward to this.
Excellent trailer
Ensign
# 7
09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthurts View Post
Looking forward to playing it. On a related note, I just had an interesting idea for a foundry mission along similar lines that someone may want to run with. In The Walking Dead, the majority of the world are zombies and the human survivors are just a small minority. There is really no way to do that within the story of this game...at least not within this universe. But imagine an alternate universe where a "zombie" plague has infected almost everyone, and your ship gets accidentally transported there through some typical Trek-nobabble anomaly. That would be a great setting, IMO.
Seems like a great idea, I was actually playing around with the idea that this virus spreads so fast that your crew eventually leaves to another universe via transporter ala mirror universe. I ended up going in a different direction though. Perhaps we should coordinate and work on something together.
Ensign
# 8
09-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Looking forward to this.
Excellent trailer
Thanks! It was quite fun to get some friends and family to do the voice-overs, if only it could be put in the actual mission. COME ON CRYPTIC!
Lieutenant
# 9
09-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I wish cryptic would let us add ambient sound effects to mission!