Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Foundry
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
“STO Foundry” One of the first web sites, dedicated to Star Trek Online’s Foundry Tool Set. Here you will find information related to The Foundry, including resources, UGC missions, reviews and forums. Register today and start posting your missions, reviews or just your Foundry related thoughts.

STO Foundry is not just a fan site, but it is a place for Foundry authors to post their missions, talk about it, look for feedback and generally connect with other like minded people. We will be featuring weekly spotlighted missions and something really cool is in the works the "STO Foundry Fanatics Series"

STO Foundry: Bringing Authors And Foundry Fanatics Together!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Thats great, but we already have a site for that very purpose:

http://starbaseugc.com/

Its not that theres anything "wrong" with having more than one, but it does spread the community out unecessarilly when you could have everyone coming together at one location.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Thats great, but we already have a site for that very purpose:

http://starbaseugc.com/

Its not that theres anything "wrong" with having more than one, but it does spread the community out unecessarilly when you could have everyone coming together at one location.
First off people need variety!! Second, in case you were not aware STO Foundry has been around since early beta on Tribble, we started out as a fleet dedicated to the Foundry tools and expanded from there!! While I think SBUGC is great and in fact I use it myself. Like you said theres nothing wrong with having more then one place to get feed back and to post your missions!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK13 View Post
whats wrong with having more then one place to get feed back and to post your missions??
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Try reading a post before you reply to it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage_Wolf
Try reading a post before you reply to it.
Thanks for the advice!! Fixed it!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
He makes a good point though. I would rather go to 1 location to find missions then have to go to a bunch of different places.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Differnt sites usually mean variety and focus on different topics aorund the Foundry or STO.
Which is why they are good news, even though I use starbaseugc I use at least 4 other STO forums, too.

One is more interested in technical discussions beyond STO, two are German, so better suited to announce my missions and one is where my friends and fleeties hang out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2011, 07:53 AM
A solution would be if both sites linked back to the other.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
Differnt sites usually mean variety and focus on different topics aorund the Foundry or STO.
Which is why they are good news, even though I use starbaseugc I use at least 4 other STO forums, too.

One is more interested in technical discussions beyond STO, two are German, so better suited to announce my missions and one is where my friends and fleeties hang out.
STO Foundry started out as an idea for a fleet. I wanted to bring together a group of people dedicated to using the Foundry tools to its full extent and putting out some really kick ass missions. After the tools went into beta on Tribble and we started seeing what the STO community was doing with the tools I decided not to limit the site to just a fleet site but a foundry resource site as well. You dont have to join the fleet to join the site, the site is for everyone. Join today to post your missions, reviews, or your foundry thoughts.

STO Foundry - Bringing Authors And Foundry Fanatics Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
A solution would be if both sites linked back to the other.
SBUGC has a link to STO Foundry on their home page and visa versa!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2011, 06:10 PM
No worries, I saw your forum long before you advertised it here.
I never thought it was for your fleet only, I think you mentioned somewhere in the forum charta that anyone could join.