Career Officer
I'm posting this in both games because there's something fishy going on here. I've played STO now for 4 years. I've used STEAM for 1 year for the login. I've always used the interface on STEAM and the STO launcher to type in my password, never had an issue.

1 week after installing ARC I've been hacked. What's worse is while I was being hacked on NWO I was actually logged into STO playing.

Isn't there a main login server to prevent multiple logins on accounts on ARC? apparently not!
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
# 2
02-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I hope you sent in an actual Ticket to Support and are not just posing on the forums?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 3
02-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Of course I did but I thought I might warn people that this is happening. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the log and it said that someone was logged into NWO while I was logged into STO doing Zen Exchange transfers!
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
# 4
02-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Not that I like Arc, but I don't think that Arc was the culprit. Largely because I've seen these kind of complaints with other MMOs when launchers have changed but the cause was rarely that.
Captain
# 5
02-24-2014, 10:51 AM
There are more complaints of ARC users being acount hacked, Ive no knowledge about this all I know from twitter there were more accounts hacked last week ....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2014, 11:51 AM
If this is true, then this is troublesome.
Captain
# 7
02-24-2014, 11:53 AM
So which is it? Does Arc lock down your account so tightly that you can't run multiple instances on different accounts on the same computer, or is it so loose that your account can be accessed from multiple locations at the same time? I'm getting confused...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Commander
# 8
02-24-2014, 11:55 AM
It would be fantastic if they directed the development resources they are pitting into this abomination into the actual games instead.
Captain
# 9
02-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
So which is it? Does Arc lock down your account so tightly that you can't run multiple instances on different accounts on the same computer, or is it so loose that your account can be accessed from multiple locations at the same time? I'm getting confused...
Everything I have read states that only one instance of ARC can run at a time - which is why some people are upset that you cannot use ARC to open two version of a STO like they currently can through the Launcher.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Your post just got me thinking. Why isn't ARC using the security system STO has in place that sends a code to you when you access STO or the Gateway from another computer?