Lt. Commander
# 21
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Cryptic is being very ignorant towards the PvP community, and furthermore playing it very stupid.

Most of the people who played here for a longer time have been fed up with the normal missions, especially ground ones. Most of those people seek PvP'ing and which is probably the only reason they still play the game.

So in fact cryptic just pushes those players from the game to make room for the 'newbies'. Meaning that they only make the time to create dull Tier 1 and 2 ships to satisfy the newbies and new players which start the game for the first time, not even refering to the dull clothes they create.

Franky I dont even think that introducting new ships to a specific tier range is the right approach anymore. Let us think less difficult and let cryptic put effort in a whole new Ship customizability design (like they did with the Character Design. That way they can spend more time on other stuff and we will see all kinds of new ships flying around which can be totally unique. (interchanging parts/nacelles/saucer from different ships would be kinda cool, no?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Imagine for A moment if that statement had read like this:

"The Q Boost doubles your rewards of Skill Points, Bridge Officer Skill Points, Merits, Honor, Marks and Emblems! These boosts stack with the Skill Point Boosts available at the C-Store, so you could earn even more! (Energy Credits and Emblems earned in PVE are not affected by Boosts.)"

Could you just imagine the outrage it would cause?

Edit: well, at least we wont need to worry about AFKers this weekend
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Imagine for A moment if that statement had read like this:

"The Q Boost doubles your rewards of Skill Points, Bridge Officer Skill Points, Merits, Honor, Marks and Emblems! These boosts stack with the Skill Point Boosts available at the C-Store, so you could earn even more! (Energy Credits and Emblems earned in PVE are not affected by Boosts.)"

Could you just imagine the outrage it would cause?
We would somehow get blamed for it, followed by more cries of "Just get rid of PvP already!" But I guess since we represent such a "small" part of the community, we don't matter, right?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
We don't matter but we did warrant special recognition on this issue. That's kind of like not being ignored, right?
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-29-2011, 11:36 AM
May I just ask, if they had in fact included PvP in the reward boost, wouldn't some PvPers complain about it being an incentive for those who show up, do nothing just to claim their emblems?
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I think someone at Cryptic needs diversity training. LOL

Seriously how hard would it have been to simply list the aspects of the game effected... instead of POINTING out the one area NOT effected. Likely no one would have thought about it too hard.

I have to say this kinda does feel like a direct F U. I mean really I don't even care about honour / Merits or ECs... I just don't care... if they didn't point it out I wouldn't have even noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
May I just ask, if they had in fact included PvP in the reward boost, wouldn't some PvPers complain about it being an incentive for those who show up, do nothing just to claim their emblems?
No, quite likely not, as most people might be better of with farming B'Tran for their Emblems. If everything is awarded equally, farming can't really get worse.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No, quite likely not, as most people might be better of with farming B'Tran for their Emblems. If everything is awarded equally, farming can't really get worse.
This assuming the Energy Credit rewards were not also boosted?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
This assuming the Energy Credit rewards were not also boosted?
Energy Credits? Are people PvPing for EC?

Well, no, I don't think that has occured to anyone before.

BTW: Best rewards for farming are found in FvK and KvK. Pets that get destroyed can create loot drops!
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
On Avg, you get about 20,000 EC per round at Admiral levels. That would become 40k with double rewards. And there are those who think its impossible to get energy credits. (You'd be amazed how many people freak out when I mention my EC count.)
Closed Thread