Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: April 2011
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone! We have a shiny new Ask Cryptic for April and it can be found on our front page - right now!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
YAY!

*settles down to read*
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
As far as Horta go, we are using some loose canon references to an Ensign Naraht joining Starfleet as inspiration for allowing players to have a Horta away team member.
Yay! And much love to all of you for looking at some of Diane Duane's excellent works for further ideas. I hope you guys keep looking at the books for more ideas, I know not everyone likes every book, but... Duane's work is almost universally great. Any chance of seeing the Sulamids at some point, as random background NPCs or such? (can't imagine em being playable)

Hope you're looking at other books as well though, especially 'series' type books such as the Stargazer ones by Friedman. It was mentioned once long ago that one of the devs was interested in doing something related to the energy barrier, in-game, some of the stuff from the Stargazer books (and the prequel "The Valiant" especially) that would be good for that.

All in all, things are looking good
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I think the computer should be "recording" instead of "recroding"
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
My question got answered and I'm all happy now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Overall I am happy with what is talked about here. I like the direction the game is headed, and I think Cryptic is making wise decisions overall.

however, i am concerned about the drought...over 2 months without some kind of content? I know the Foundry is supposed to fill gaps, but the limitations of it make most missions pretty repetitive now.

I sure hope they are planning to drop some surprise stuff on us between now and Season 4...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Awesome
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok, first comment:

Quote:
Q Inquizitor: Has the idea of releasing the Foundry to Holodeck as a Beta changed? What does the end Non beta release look like?

A: We have kept the Beta moniker on the Foundry toolset to indicate that we consider the software to be in perpetual beta at this time, meaning that we will continue to add and iterate on features and usability issues that are brought up by our users. So while we may consider it somewhat feature complete in its release form, we recognize that we will be iterating on the tool for some time to incorporate additional user feedback and requests. We will most likely not remove the Beta tag until we feel the Foundry has all the features and fixes that players want.
Doesnt that exact same description apply to all MMOs? So why call the Foundry "beta"?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Baldrics!?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
We are working to add more variations to existing ships for both factions and one of the ships they are working on is an additional Constitution refit; however there has been no confirmation that this is a top tier ship.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Do you guys even read the forums. We don't want a sub-par ship that can't be competative at end-game. We want a ship like the excelsior, or d'kyr. Something that is different, and fun, not better or worse than any of the other ones at T-5. Come'on Man!!!!