Lt. Commander
# 31
04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>

Did you even think that it could be something they just realized that something wasn't in the patch that should have been.....like your DOUBLE REWARD BOOST. Guess you don't want that do you? So we have to wait an extra hour. So what.
I don't know about you guys, but where I work when we advertise something special going on, we make sure everything is actually ready when it's time for the special event to start. I mean ... do they have any sort of organization around here?
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
Every time it seems like they get their heads on straight, something like this. "SPECIAL EVENT STARTS 10AM PST on FRIDAY!" and then the time comes and the server is offline. How do you guys think this sort of thing looks to new players or players returning for special events?
I agree. Although unexpected things might happen that will need emergency power to maintenance, it's always a good idea to actually tell us, the playesr, why you are doing the emergency maintenance.

We like to be informed, and hopefully, we will get to know this soon.

But it does look bad for new players and those returning for special events like this one...
Lt. Commander
# 34
as in...

RED ALERT!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
Quote:
Every time it seems like they get their heads on straight, something like this. "SPECIAL EVENT STARTS 10AM PST on FRIDAY!" and then the time comes and the server is offline. How do you guys think this sort of thing looks to new players or players returning for special events?
Like how MMO's work? :p

Stuff happens ^^
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but where I work when we advertise something special going on, we make sure everything is actually ready when it's time for the special event to start. I mean ... do they have any sort of organization around here?
Not everything is predictable I'm afraid, especially with a block of code as huge as this.
Lt. Commander
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
Yeah thanks Cryptic. I don't mind you taking the server down if you're going to notify us in advance, but just 10 freaking minutes in advance does not count.

Yours,
A Customer

10 minutes is just fine to me
Lt. Commander
# 38
Happens so often I've given up being angry about it. It's just amusing now.
Lt. Commander
# 39
...oh nice...
and i made lunch early to jump in NOW...
what else...

oh well,
any word on WHY, or WHEN it's over?
Lt. Commander
# 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
probably why its called emergency maintenance.
Really? We got SCOM at work and it warns us 3 hours in advance if a server is gonna crash
Closed Thread