Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
My flamebait FAILED!
For a moment I thought you might be talking about ground PvP!
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Or maybe he isn't. It's not like the immunity will last the entire remaining power cooldown. Again, then timing is demanded. It might very well be that you can run a team of 2 Charged Particle Burst Guys. If the immunity lasts 15 seconds or so, Only people double-ranking CPBs have to get into conflict with each other. Two guys timing their skills should work fine.
this would weaken pugs too.
if you want to introduce a balanced system, you must not compare premade with pug. you may only compare a pug v. pug or premade v. premade environment.
sure, a pug will be defeated most of the time by a premade. but hey, how sick would be a system, when a regular pug will beat normaly a premade (using teamspeak, beeing organized, spending time on optimizing gameplay)?

if you want to help pug player: help them to optimize their setup, show them specific tactics, teach them cross healing.
each further step must be done by the pug player, if they want to become better in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-07-2011, 01:05 AM
The problem though is alot of abilities need some sort of diminish, hard cap, resist, etc. The question is " WHEN " will they do it? Since I quit the game, I haven't read anything new about what they are rehauling for abilities and I mean a serious overview of what is going on.

Then you got the players that have been exploiting and are still trying to do it. Usually from what I've seen all the time it was course the supposive best fleets...which I'm not surprised. I've seen this trend in many MMO's for over course of 15 years so I speak from experience when I witness the pattern from guilds, etc. Hopefully there will be some sort of strict policing in terms of exploiting soon cause it's still out of hand.

But back to the point with skills in general, alot of work needs to be done. I'm no game developer but I know when something is not right....and many things are certainly not correct. Why else is everyone refusing to play with 1 hour plus queue's? If this doesn't explain the problem right now....NOTHING will.

That is pretty much how I feel about all this...
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I've learned to pop ST just after I see the green explosion from the probe. The ST pocs on me for 5 sec, the SS procs about 2 sec later which is removed almost instantly.

Naturally though it doesn't work if you get hit with another one 5 seconds later.