Lt. Commander
Write a decent description of your mission in the info box, if the info doesn't sell your mission, and do it accurately people will tend to just pass it by. I'm not saying to blow the plot like a modern movie trailer does, but hint at what people will do if they choose to give your mission their valuable game time.

There is a mission out there.. Crack in the world or universe, I forget which, but the description is "I'm not really going to describe this one". Well I'm not really going to play it. It's been there for a while now and nobody else has bothered either.

It is a competition folks, you are trying to sell something and get people to buy it. Work on the descriptions, don't ruin surprises, but don't make it seem like something it isn't, that can annoy people and get you bad reviews. You won't get any if the no one picks up the box to try it though.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2011, 05:20 AM
I agree and I truly hope we get that link to the forum for missions, as discussed in another thread here.

There are some good missions out there with a one line description like:
"We have a crisis situation in the Tkanis nebula. Investigate, [rank] [last name]."
The above makes me think: "Hours of grind..." but sometimes I'm positively surprised.

Another thing I personally dislike is a very short description and then a very looong version history and/or out of character information.
Version history should have a text field of its own available that is only viewable if you click on a button. It ruins the illusion. And OOC info should be kept short and to the point. Some sound like extended apologies.
If YOU don't have confidence in your mission, why should I play it?

A good description should grab the player. It should make him feel: "WOW? Really? I MUST play this!"