Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I just bought the TOS bridge pack. I went to update the bridge of my Defiant R. and I found it would not update to ANY of my other ship interiors. I switched ships and the interior updated just fine. I went to antoher character on my account that has a Defiant R ship and the interior updated with out issue.

I went back to my main character and attempted to update the interior to the TOS version and it failed to change. I tried another bridge, it failed again. It is stuck on one interior only.

And I know I changed the interior because it will say (Current) next to the interior I chose after purchasing it with ECs

I am hoping there is a work around for this problem or it can be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
ok I am going to try and remain calm about this. After all this is just a game and i only gave you guys my $18.00 for a star ship interior (TOS bridge pack) I can not use. So with that said I am hoping a GM reads this and actually reads what i am about to say...

1. The interior works on every ship I own except one. My main ship which is a Defiant R. I have tested this over and over.

2. Not only does the new interior NOT work on my Defiant R I can not get any bridge lay out to work for it. NONE. NADA. ZIP.

So I wrote to you guys in a ticket a solution found in ticket number #1106345

The solution was simple. Reissue to me a token so I can get a new Defiant R ship as it is becoming VERY obvious that my current ship is bugged for what ever reason and needs to be deleted and replaced.

To which I get the following response:

Thank you for your feedback! This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features. If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums (which you can reach through the community link on the launcher). We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing! Atari Support

To which I need to ask where is your support team located? INDIA? Because a cut and paste response to this is TOTALLY out of line and on top of that closing the ticket and ignoring the solution at hand?

No, this is not going to fly with me.

You either put a replacement token in my account so I can fix the problem, or I want a full refund to my credit card the amount of the purchase of the tokens. I am not going to pay you guys for something that DOES NOT WORK. And I am not going to wait for your people to get around to reading a bug report about it because I know that it will either not be fixed or if it is it will take a year or more before you do. If I do not get a response to this in the next few hours I am going to go to my credit card company and block the transaction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
1. When you make a ticket, please be sure it's the correct type of ticket:
- GM Ticket: Use this when you actually need help.
- Bug Report: Use this when you notice something isn't working correctly (i.e. mission not completable, shields suddenly stop working), but you don't actually need help.

2. When making your ticket, remember to include the following:
- Your character's information (name, faction, race, class, etc)
- The Location your problem occured (in your case, the ship edit screen)
- What happened. Remember to be as detailed as precise as possible here (i.e. "interior doesn't work" is pretty generic. Instead, try "Attempted to install the Constitution bridge on retrofit Defiant. The bridge works on all other ships, but not this one. Attempt gave me the following error message:"
- Any error messages you received. These messages may seem meaningless to you, but they will help Cryptic find a solution for you and anyone else affected by whatever issue you're having.

3. If you get a generic response that doesn't satisfy you, use the followup option to request further assistance.

4. Remember, the forum staff cannot help you with in-game support. If you have an in-game problem, you must get help from the in-game GM's.

5. Search for your problem on the forums, It may be a known problem that will be fixed soon.

6. Simply deleting and reaquiring your ship may not even solve the problem. What seems like a simple fix to you, may not be simple at all.

7. Above all, try to remain calm and rational. Anger and demands will not get you very good results, at least not with Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I appreciate you trying to help but at this point I don't care what you have to say because I have done those things. Time is critical to getting a refund and I am done messing with companies who do not have true customer support and making excuses for their failure by trying to lay this on my back is not helping any one.

And on that note THERE WAS NO ERROR MESSAGE TO REPORT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
1. When you make a ticket, please be sure it's the correct type of ticket:
- GM Ticket: Use this when you actually need help.
- Bug Report: Use this when you notice something isn't working correctly (i.e. mission not completable, shields suddenly stop working), but you don't actually need help.

2. When making your ticket, remember to include the following:
- Your character's information (name, faction, race, class, etc)
- The Location your problem occured (in your case, the ship edit screen)
- What happened. Remember to be as detailed as precise as possible here (i.e. "interior doesn't work" is pretty generic. Instead, try "Attempted to install the Constitution bridge on retrofit Defiant. The bridge works on all other ships, but not this one. Attempt gave me the following error message:"
- Any error messages you received. These messages may seem meaningless to you, but they will help Cryptic find a solution for you and anyone else affected by whatever issue you're having.

3. If you get a generic response that doesn't satisfy you, use the followup option to request further assistance.

4. Remember, the forum staff cannot help you with in-game support. If you have an in-game problem, you must get help from the in-game GM's.

5. Search for your problem on the forums, It may be a known problem that will be fixed soon.

6. Simply deleting and reaquiring your ship may not even solve the problem. What seems like a simple fix to you, may not be simple at all.

7. Above all, try to remain calm and rational. Anger and demands will not get you very good results, at least not with Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
First of all, your post is a public post on a publicly-viewable message board.

Second, my post was a list of suggestions that would help you get results from Cryptic. I've dealt with customer service from both sides, both as a CSR and as a customer. I am currently a computer technician, and I've talked with some of the Cryptic QA devs. The information I gave you would help them help you. And that's all it was, information.

If you want to interpret a helpful suggestion as blame, that's your choice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
It really is getting difficult wanting to try and help posters here. One must really wonder why they're even posting since it clearly says in the header:

Quote:
This forum is for discussion of in-game bugs amongst the community. Please file a support ticket in-game to receive assistance from the Cryptic Support team.
But here goes by attempt at annoying the OP:

I'm guessing that the problem is not with changing the bridge, but the ship model itself. You could try making a minor change to the ship and saving it, you can then go back and change it to the way it was and if my guess is correct bridges will then be able to be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
First of all, your post is a public post on a publicly-viewable message board.

Second, my post was a list of suggestions that would help you get results from Cryptic. I've dealt with customer service from both sides, both as a CSR and as a customer. I am currently a computer technician, and I've talked with some of the Cryptic QA devs. The information I gave you would help them help you. And that's all it was, information.

If you want to interpret a helpful suggestion as blame, that's your choice.
Both of you just failed to annoy me. The problem was fixed and here is what was done.

After getting canned messages I kept submitting a ticket about 6.... After several tickets it was finally bumped up to another tier level. At that point they finally listened to my solution of issuing a token to replace my current ship. What they did was refund 1200 tokens so I could delete my old Defiant R and replace it with a C-Store bought Defiant R.

I moved my items off the old ship and decommissioned it and bought a new defiant R. put the new bridge on it and it now works. I was correct in that my old Defiant R was bugged. They even tried to fix it on their end as well and could not.

For your information Cuatela I also have a tech back ground in computer repair and as a CSR. I also know that while the community can be of great help it can also be full of BS and miss information. I knew what I was doing because i covered all the bases in my tickets to them. I did not need you or some one elses THEORY on what was going on because you thought I missed something. My goal was to get the upper tier to listen and it paid off.

Problem solved.