Lt. Commander
# 61 Proves How Easy The Game Is
07-04-2011, 12:51 PM
This proves how easy the game is.

I done this up to Commander then got bored.

They should create an accolade for this and special reward.

Well done it is impressive for sure. Did you make yourself very bored of the game now though lol
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-04-2011, 12:56 PM
out of curiosity if you get to VA normaly and then retrait and not spend any skill points would you become ensign 51?
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
out of curiosity if you get to VA normaly and then retrait and not spend any skill points would you become ensign 51?
You can't accept a respec until all your skill points have been properly re-distributed.
The way its done can actually be **hugely** frustrating because to re-balance some of my lower skill-points I first have to clear all my higher ones.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
You can't accept a respec until all your skill points have been properly re-distributed.
The way its done can actually be **hugely** frustrating because to re-balance some of my lower skill-points I first have to clear all my higher ones.
ok, never tried not skilling all points, i was just curious
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
ok, never tried not skilling all points, i was just curious
I was actually worried about it the first time I respecced... I have a bad habit of accidentally clicking self-destructive buttons (I had to remove abandon ship form my power tray, too many accidental activations :p )
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I was actually worried about it the first time I respecced... I have a bad habit of accidentally clicking self-destructive buttons (I had to remove abandon ship form my power tray, too many accidental activations :p )
have you thought of flying an oberith? :p
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
This proves how easy the game is.
Yep. I recently leveled up a tactical officer to Captain only in shuttles. Fights take a bit longer than usual, but the game honestly seems far more balanced when fighting in a shuttle than in a starship at any rank. You actually die once in a while.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-27-2011, 04:00 PM
With the upcoming F2P changes, I transferred to Tribble to see what the effect would be.

I'd been keeping this character as an Ensign all this time, but alas, it's the end of an era.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8393/talicaf2p.jpg

On the other hand, I bet nobody else is ever going to level from Ensign to Vice Admiral as fast as I did in that screenshot.

Since I have over 500 Emblems on Holodeck (from doing dailies with little to no combat involved, such as Rescue Deferi Captives), I'm going to level up now before the patch hits so I can use them to buy a VA ship first.
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
When I first started playing the game, I did not understand how to spend skill points. I had trouble understanding why I was still an Ensign. When I finally started spending them, I was pleased to learn that I was almost a Commander.

I suspect that it one of the reasons that Cryptic now allows you to increase in rank even without spending skill points.
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I still have 2 toons left at Ensign 51. They won't be for long though.