Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Walk Hotkey Issue
05-02-2011, 07:12 AM
I have my "Walk" hotkey set to "Alt Gr", the right one of the Alt buttons on my keyboard. When I walk, I can turn right and keep walking, butt I can't turn left and keep walking. I have to stop pressing my walk hotkey to take a left turn.

I have to turn first, then walk again. Once again for being clear: Turning RIGHT is no problem while keeping the walk hotkey pressed. Turning LEFT is impossible, at any time and at any place.

What might be of importance: On ground, I use the standard arrow keys to turn right and left, go forward and back. I do NOT use the WASD-keys like I do in space.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry, can you clarify for me what the 'Gr" in "ALT-Gr" is?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I thought this might be only German ... it's the button right next to your space bar on the right side on the same line. On the left it's "Alt", on the right it's "Alt Gr" in German, I guess it means "Alt-Shift" in English, I'm not sure. Meow.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
My keyboard has redundancies. Its:

CTRL - Windows - ALT - Space - ALT - Windows - some funny page icon I just avoid - CTRL

Maybe the page icon is it... In either case, you have your walking key bound to it? Have you tried setting your keyboard to default settings and seeing it it works? Clearing and rebinding, I mean. Let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Meow, it's the second ALT button then (right of the Space button) based on your layout. I have tried this several times, and actually I can't turn right on any char, I've tried this setting with every new char I've registered.