Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Based Starbase Assault
04-28-2011, 02:30 AM
This idea has been floating around for a while now. the idea is that fleets would have a star base that they are able to customize and modify, in a particular pvp type another fleet would attempt to defeat the star base defenses and board it, then take it over. what i want is for the PVP community to come up with what we want so that cryptic knows what to put in game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
I think this has been the wants of the community for awhile. I have read previous threads outlining the same and agree this would be a great/needed addition.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Doesn't EVE Online have something like this. Fleet bases that exist in Null Space that can be attacked at any time, but also are heavily defended.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
EVE is a bit different, as the POS (Player Owned Stations) are part of a dynamic world, and determine actual territory gains. While something like that in Star Trek would be great, I see bases in STO opting in to PvP optionally. I would love for fleets to be able to choose whether or not they want to PvP, then be able to set up matches that take place on (or in the space around) their base.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
i dont think i like the idea of losing a fleet starbase, (unless theyre a dime for a dozen) at least not for any perminant losses. i mean what if the defenders happen to be not as good as they should be or something? unless it ends up the entire fleet can be there (like a que system, one side can que for defending one side for attacking and all fleet memebers are added). of course the rewards would have to be great or something. maybe if the attackers win they gain a starbase for free, if the defenders win maybe they get a ton of credits or something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont think i like the idea of losing a fleet starbase, (unless theyre a dime for a dozen) at least not for any perminant losses. i mean what if the defenders happen to be not as good as they should be or something? unless it ends up the entire fleet can be there (like a que system, one side can que for defending one side for attacking and all fleet memebers are added). of course the rewards would have to be great or something. maybe if the attackers win they gain a starbase for free, if the defenders win maybe they get a ton of credits or something?
Yeah i think if the Defenders win they win credits or something. It would be good to have a immunity period cooldown as well. So if your fleet attacks another fleet starbase you can't do it again right away. I think there should be significant cost to get a starbase as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2011, 01:29 AM
this would be great, high cost star base you can blow up, i would dust off the kdf, get a grp cloak, fly upto your nice new starbase and blow the crap out of it. Oh the zone chat would be sweet once that had happened a few times
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Not like this...
I have argued before for starbases that control a planet or system and and they are siegable for a certain period of time every 2 weeks. Who ever controls the starbase controls the system.
I leave the rewards to your imagination. Now fleetbases is another thing