Lt. Commander
# 21
05-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Why not? I make a delicious layered Forcefield cake.....
Inhako is thinking algebraically. Where two negatives produce a positive. in this case the two different shields stacked back to back would negate each other. *engage sarcasm; FULL POWER!* That is why we would have to have triple shielding systems. Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Inhako is thinking algebraically. Where two negatives produce a positive. in this case the two different shields stacked back to back would negate each other. *engage sarcasm; FULL POWER!* That is why we would have to have triple shielding systems. Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.
Who cares about triple shielding if you can have plot armor.

Edit: Now I really want to have plot armor......Kirk flavor.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Better to be safe than sorry.......I'm not taking any chances.
The hard part to not let one's devotion to a favorite faction clouds one judgement of what retains balance.

Shields stacking? Most likely possible if each succesive layer of shielding past the first has the neccassary freuquency to pass through the other forcefields. It would be much like an Onion in effect but due to the power needed to project so mnay FFs plus the needed extra emitters the layering of shields would just be a similiar to ablative shielding in a fashion adding only a marginal bonus to defense and one that would go away over time or as power drain increased on the system in question.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The hard part to not let one's devotion to a favorite faction clouds one judgement of what retains balance.
Very true.

But as I am someone that plays both faction,it would not be in my best interest to let one faction have an unfair advantage over the other.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm obessed to such threads due to my fear of teh Devs taking them seriuosly and tipping the game out of balance due to fed misconceptions.

That couldn't happen? could it?
NAHHHHHHHHH, say it isnt so!!

* Klingon carriers
* Gorn Science cruiser
* DSSV