Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Combat Still Bad?
05-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I quit the game a while ago for various reasons... but I might be back...

Back when the lvl cap was 45... ground pvp was a joke.... Is it still bad? Several people running around spamming rifle butt while the others snipe the exposed person for the insta-kill.

Was very dumb/boring and all but left ground PvP dead..... I hear an update is coming, but has anything been done in the meantime to fix ground?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
I quit the game a while ago for various reasons... but I might be back...

Back when the lvl cap was 45... ground pvp was a joke.... Is it still bad? Several people running around spamming rifle butt while the others snipe the exposed person for the insta-kill.

Was very dumb/boring and all but left ground PvP dead..... I hear an update is coming, but has anything been done in the meantime to fix ground?
Um, no. That's one of the major features of the Season 4 Update (the Ground Combat update which will also include sweeping changes to ground combat weapons, shields, body armor, etc.) IMO iit would be kind of counter intuitive to be working on a MAJOR revamp; and at the same time, use dev resourceas to do something in the meantime - when, once the new Combat Revamp goes live, any work done 'in the meantinme' would have been a wate.

But the Season 4 Update shoukld be on Tribble around the end of May/early June; and Live late June/early July by most estimates.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
So nice to see that after a more than 6 month absence that nothing has changed pretty much....

oh wait.... there are TONS of new micro-transactions possible... but real changes... next to none.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't play ground PvP, so I can't comment on its state, but I do know that the rifle butt attack was toned down around the release of Season 2, specifically because of PvP concerns.

Quote:
# Palm Strike/Rifle Butt: Fixed bug that prevented associated Hold from being resisted (this would affect boss critters as well as players with Hold resistance or immunity).
# Palm Strike/Rifle Butt: Lowered the base chance of the Hold being triggered from 50% to 10%.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Since he's not around (That I know of) Some one has to say it:

lolground
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Since he's not around (That I know of) Some one has to say it:

lolground
Ouch. so its still bad... If the revamp for ground goes as well as Fire At Will, will be interesting to watch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Ground PvP is not bad, you just need to know how to play in ground. And the lolground people obviously don't know how to play in ground
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 521Morrison View Post
Ground PvP is not bad, you just need to know how to play in ground. And the lolground people obviously don't know how to play in ground
Ha, yes, ground is bad because I dont know how to play it.

Its the worst gaming experience i've had for a number of years, only the fact that it carries the StarTrek theme do people like you put up with it, either that or maybe you just havent played any real games in the past 10 years or so.

Its just painful to play though and the devs seem to agree, as they are changing just about everything they can possibly change.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I love ground PvP. Had several matches the last few days that were very fun. It doesn't consist of spamming riflebutt at all. Get a good team, use some nice kit powers... tons of fun.

At least try queueing up for a match or two, and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM
The ground in this game just feels ancient. Honestly it feels so dated. Hell I'm playing a 6 year old MMO right now that is better in regards to targeting / movement. Cryptic is very very lucky the space is as good as it is. With out the space portion of their split game Idea this game would have lasted a few weeks.

LOL ground