Lt. Commander
# 31
05-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
WRONG. If the mission is Cryptic's, then you dont get to decide whether I can play it or not. ONly they get to make that decision.
Exactly!

10char
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
This is a great idea as it would help eliminate the issue of finding the start point when someone unintentionally forgets to add the start point in their mission briefing too. Maybe they could append it to the end of the briefing text along with adding some kind of marker on the galaxy and area maps too if it's your primary mission.
Auto map waypoint / door indicator for ALL missions in the game would indeed be a nice feature. It should also show up on all of the galaxy, area, and mini-maps; and add a special double-clickable item to the top of the "System List" that wil auto-route you to the next transition point in whatever system / sector you're in.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsciw View Post
Yes, they can publish it, or not. That's about it
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but the EULA doesn't say that.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefram Cochrane
I assume that these missions are unfinished from the authors perspective. The Foundry will not let you test completely w/o publishing. Collaboration is also impossible w/o publishing. I believe many authors are trying to work out issues before the general masses play them. The only way to do this is to "hide" the door and let a few people do testing. It's kind of like a small version of a closed beta.

There's a discussion going on in another thread that proposes some solutions.
This is really the only valid reason I can think of for "hidden" missions. Certain NPC behaviors like "wander" cannot be tested until the mission is published. So, if you want to make sure that your NPCs aren't walking too far, or not walking far enough, you have to publish your unfinished mission to test it. You wouldn't want someone rating your mission before it's done.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
Auto map waypoint / door indicator for ALL missions in the game would indeed be a nice feature. It should also show up on all of the galaxy, area, and mini-maps; and add a special double-clickable item to the top of the "System List" that wil auto-route you to the next transition point in whatever system / sector you're in.
Yes please.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but the EULA doesn't say that.
The EULA also doesnt say you can circumvent the review system by hiding the mission door. So your point is?
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
This is really the only valid reason I can think of for "hidden" missions. Certain NPC behaviors like "wander" cannot be tested until the mission is published. So, if you want to make sure that your NPCs aren't walking too far, or not walking far enough, you have to publish your unfinished mission to test it. You wouldn't want someone rating your mission before it's done.
And once again, IF missions are published only for testing then they should be UNPUBLISHED as soon as the test is finished. When I come across "test" missions on review I automatically "one-star" them. I counted no less them 15 "test" mission on the review list today alone and that was by far not all of them. Yes, it is a flaw in the Foundry process but as I said, UNPUBLISH them when done and avoid getting low ratings. /rantoff
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The EULA also doesnt say you can circumvent the review system by hiding the mission door. So your point is?
And the EULA doesn't say that "circumventing the proclaimed jurisdiction of the self-appointed Foundry Cops" violates anything. So your point is?
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
And once again, IF missions are published only for testing then they should be UNPUBLISHED as soon as the test is finished. When I come across "test" missions on review I automatically "one-star" them. I counted no less them 15 "test" mission on the review list today alone and that was by far not all of them. Yes, it is a flaw in the Foundry process but as I said, UNPUBLISH them when done and avoid getting low ratings. /rantoff
I'm sure all those people you righteously one-starred will be happy to return the favor when they run across any of your missions.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
And the EULA doesn't say that "circumventing the proclaimed jurisdiction of the self-appointed Foundry Cops" violates anything. So your point is?
My point is that saying "the EULA doesnt say that" isnt a valid defense when it also doesnt say you CAN do it. And no one is "self appointed". Cryptic made a community regulated system, so they are the ones that appointed all of us to this position. If you have a problem with that, you'll need to take it up with them.