Lt. Commander
# 1 One Man Away Team
04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I have found a trick to have a one man away team. If you place the spawn point in a corner at the very edge, only you will spawn. If anyone else has heard of this trick can you help with it. I need to know if you can do this with a custom made hallway that you make on a map. If anyone know a trick please let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
The problem with this is anyone who tries to play your mission in a group of real people is going to get really messed up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
The mission I am trying to make is meant to be a single player mission anyway, ya know like on the show when Riker or someone is stuck on a ship or the holodeck by them selves......hope that clears things up.....can ya help anyway? Also can anyone help me with going from one map, say the engineer map from one ship to another map that is supposed to be another deck, I want to block one door to make it like a turbo lift to take me to another map but I can't figure it out. If anyone can help me with these things that will be great!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2011, 01:58 AM
I have used this trick when the Foundry was on Tribble. It doesn't work anymore on Holodeck.

Well, it works as long as you are previewing your map but once published, your away team will be with you no matter what.
Sorry.

If you want the player to be alone, I suggest give him an OOC opportunity to place his away team somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2011, 02:32 AM
how do you do that i may ask?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2011, 02:58 AM
I mean, just tell him to position his away team in a room or something. You cannot force him but if the player want's to experience the story as you intended it, he will do that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
okay, i need to add dialog saying something like, "Send your people away, only the captain can enter" or whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2011, 07:56 AM
You used to be able to place spawn points for you and BOFs or even enemies in corner places/off the map. They would fall to their doom and you'd have some privacy... As Patarival said, this was changed. They now spawn at the nearest "safe" spot. Which gave me some troubles with holodeck design, too, btw.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Awww !@#J@#... :S - my very first episode of my story arch needs to be a "captain only" mission.. So I guess they made it so your guys spawn in a safe spot now, but is it possible they could be forced to spawn in an adjacent room, or something if you position the spawn point and build a room, etc? or do they just force it to always spawn your away team into the same exact room as you?

Also - is the only way to test this by publishing the mission? or is it possible with just the Play Mission via the maps editor screen?

I may have to postpone my episode arch storyline and just work on building assets for my stories until this feature can be made available.

Btw, I did notice that if your mission is located on Drozana Station it will just beam you down and not the rest of your away team.. But if you switch maps, then it brings em in.. I assume this is probably the same as well if have things that need to be done on any starbase where you just beam down by yourself..

I really hope they build in the feature to set the map as a group spawn or single "captain only" spawn.. or even the spawn points being able to be set themselves.. PLEASE!

- X -
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2011, 06:18 AM
There are a few tricks to still accomplish this but it requires building a map at elevation. With triggers, you can leave spots (trap doors) in the floor for the BOs to fall through to their doom and then unhide the "trap doors" afterward.