Lt. Commander
Users just take advantage of the system and clutter up and ruin the search results for the rest of us. Just give these people 3 emblems for logging in, and save us legitimate users who want to find good content in the foundry all the trouble and remove the daily rewards. it just turns the foundry into a joke / hack / work around for getting 3 lousy emblems..

- X -

---- EDITED AFTER 11 PAGES OF POSTS ----

My final thoughts after reading everyones arguments..

One of the points I was trying to make originally was that there wouldn't be a need for quick missions if there was no 3 emblem reward for completing 3 missions in a day, and no grind missions if you didn't get XP for them in the foundry. However I think others here have a different idea of what the foundry should be used for, so obviously there are conflicts here.

In my view the foundry is a place to tell a story, or halonovel if you will, but others see it as a substitute for leveling / grind content in the game.. (Those people will never see my point of view) So, in order to find common ground, the easiest solution at first seems to probably be to make the search tools better.. There are many suggestions in this post and others that can make that happen and I'm sure cryptic is aware of them and they have already said they are looking into solutions.

In a perfect world, the rules in place would work, and someone would report a mission and it would be removed right away.. However I personally have reported 5 different missions over this past weekend, and not one of them was removed as of yesterday (I haven't checked today). So the enforcement isn't really working because there is the human factor involved of someone actually having to go in and do it. Not to mention how many people take advantage of these missions during the time they are available. So the current system of policing the foundry will not work unless resources are dedicated to the task (GM's, etc) - but then again I'd rather see those resources put towards solving other more important issues, not babysitting the foundry.

I noticed some people who are against my arguments, don't even use the foundry or have used it on a very limited basis. So really I don't understand why they even care about this topic. Personally, I've tried to play through every mission I can. When you do this you are looking for new content you have not yet played, and you see the JUNK more prominent then you would if you just go through and look at it from a top-down statistic point of view. Its a very big disappointment to see people take advantage of the foundry for the sole purpose of just getting 3 emblems or an alternate grind/farming. It also degrades the hard work others put into their missions trying to make the foundry a great place to tell their stories.

So in the end its about the rules that are in place, if they are not going to be enforced in a real-time manner, then just change the rules so a quickie mission is fine, and xp grinds are fine, then give us the choice of filtering out those missions if we would like.. It would require less GM/Dev resources to police the foundry, and those who want to take advantage of that type of system can, and those of us who want to find unique stories can.. Win/Win.

- X -
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Those farming missions can be directly reported by users.
When you abort a mission, you get to choose if you wish to rate it or report it for a violation.

Farming missions and missions to quickly boost you through content or harvest rewards - none of these are okay. Report them as a violation and we'll take care of them. Should a user re-publish missions which break the rules or have numerous of them, they may even lose the option to publish Foundry Missions altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
When you abort a mission, you get to choose if you wish to rate it or report it for a violation.

Farming missions and missions to quickly boost you through content or harvest rewards - none of these are okay. Report them as a violation and we'll take care of them. Should a user re-publish missions which break the rules or have numerous of them, they may even lose the option to publish Foundry Missions altogether.
Wishstone, I have a request if possible. Can you please relay to the devs that the problem the whole accumulation of accolades, drops and skillpoints in foundry is becoming beyond ridiculous. It would be far easier to eliminate the benefits of these grinds than play the game of wack-a-mole of finding and reporting them. Can't they just simply turn off accolade counters, XP/SP and drops in foundry missions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce007 View Post
Users just take advantage of the system and clutter up and ruin the search results for the rest of us. Just give these people 3 emblems for logging in, and save us legitimate users who want to find good content in the foundry all the trouble and remove the daily rewards. it just turns the foundry into a joke / hack / work around for getting 3 lousy emblems..

- X -
That sucks.
I have heard of such things even though I have only done one foundry mission.
CRouching Tykgor, Hidden Demon..... was fun but tough since the toon was unground spec'ed.
I was looking forward to the foundry.
Hey Wishy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone

Okay, thank you for that confirmation, because I wanted to do that on a mission, but when I wanted to report it I couldn't find anything about farming missions in the EULA
Lt. Commander
# 6
/Disagree. Report the missions and/or don't play them. Theres no reason to punish everyone who plays by the rules just because a few don't.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That sucks.
CRouching Tykgor, Hidden Demon..... was fun but tough since the toon was unground spec'ed.
Hey Wishy.
Roach you son of a Targ, how are you my brother from another mother?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That sucks.
Hey Wishy.
most of the missions aren't that rough and I recommend the Negas List
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Wishstone, I have a request if possible. Can you please relay to the devs that the problem the whole accumulation of accolades, drops and skillpoints in foundry is becoming beyond ridiculous. It would be far easier to eliminate the benefits of these grinds than play the game of wack-a-mole of finding and reporting them. Can't they just simply turn off accolade counters, XP/SP and drops in foundry missions?
How about you just do what he said rather than trying to nerf the system for everyone?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Not to mention, how much time is wasted by devs, users, etc - going through and dealing with this issue, time that could be spent on something better if you ask me ... Seriously if these people are soooo anxious for these 3 emblems, just give them to em for loggin in :S..

I've also reported several missions last week, etc - and they are still in there.. or a new one just pops up.. there are a lot more in there now then there were last week too :S - it will never end and if you find a way to detect it, they will just find yet another way to cheat the system...

Also - users just give the mission 5 stars because it was quick and helped them get their lousy emblems. Sooo what the heck good is the rating system.

- X -