Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce007 View Post
Users just take advantage of the system and clutter up and ruin the search results for the rest of us. Just give these people 3 emblems for logging in, and save us legitimate users who want to find good content in the foundry all the trouble and remove the daily rewards. it just turns the foundry into a joke / hack / work around for getting 3 lousy emblems..

- X -
I'm not with this. i like the daily rewards and would much rather do them in the form of the Foundry than anything else. I hate the grind on my emblems elsewhere.

BTW, that doesn't mean that I choose easy missions or anything. I usually just find the ones that are the most interesting and those can really vary on length.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Not to mention, how much time is wasted by devs, users, etc - going through and dealing with this issue, time that could be spent on something better if you ask me ... Seriously if these people are soooo anxious for these 3 emblems, just give them to em for loggin in :S..

I've also reported several missions last week, etc - and they are still in there.. or a new one just pops up.. there are a lot more in there now then there were last week too :S - it will never end and if you find a way to detect it, they will just find yet another way to cheat the system...

Also - users just give the mission 5 stars because it was quick and helped them get their lousy emblems. Sooo what the heck good is the rating system.

- X -
The rating system is pretty broke anyways. It's not like there is a good way to search that system. Have you ever tried searching new? ha! Or how about top rated? Top rated will always pull the ones that have one 5 star rating to the top because it can't sort based on quantity of users assigning a rating.

That being said, it's not such an issue that its getting in the way of my fun on the foundry, so what's the bother?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
I'm not with this. i like the daily rewards and would much rather do them in the form of the Foundry than anything else. I hate the grind on my emblems elsewhere.

BTW, that doesn't mean that I choose easy missions or anything. I usually just find the ones that are the most interesting and those can really vary on length.
This in and of itself isn't a problem. Its when one wants to find a decent mission but finds nothing but outright grinds or grinds disguised as RP maps that make it so hard to sort out the good missions from the utter crap. And reporting these missions wastes the GMs time that could be better spent tracking bug reports and such than exploited foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
This in and of itself isn't a problem. Its when one wants to find a decent mission but finds nothing but outright grinds or grinds disguised as RP maps that make it so hard to sort out the good missions from the utter crap. And reporting these missions wastes the GMs time that could be better spent tracking bug reports and such than exploited foundry missions.
Right, but your making it sound like you can't find a good mission which simply is not true. All you got to do is read the details for the mission and that will tell you straight up whether or not the mission is any good. It's not like it's hard to find a decent one. Last time I logged in on it, I actually had trouble figuring out which one to run first.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Its not as hard as you are pretending it is. The mission title is usually a good indicator of whether it is a mission with a real storyline, or just a grind. And once you actually read the mission journal text, its obvious. So dont keep pretending you cant find "real" missions, because anyone who actually takes the time can do it easily. If you need someone to hold your hand though, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
That being said, it's not such an issue that its getting in the way of my fun on the foundry, so what's the bother?
Then give out some mission where you get 3 emblems for talking to a single contact, and get rid of the reward for foundry missions.. Then the people who want the easy 3 emblems, can have it, and the ones who don't want legitimate missions/episodes in the foundry can have that.. WIN / WIN

I agree the search is messed up with TOP rated, etc.. but what i use is "HOT" and then i have to go through and look at the reviews on missions, and when people are saying things like "ITs a great mission, great story, etc" and it turns out to be a talk to contact, done.. What a waste of time..

People are getting more sneaky about their reviews of these missions, and the way they describe the quick missions, in order to not be detected.. Its a complete waste of time and resources that can be spent on more important things im sure..

- X -
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Hey Wishy.
Hey Roach. I spend quite a bit of time in Klingon Lands the last couple of days hunting a new foundry spotlight. There are a LOT of really good Klingon missions made by players, you should check them out!

Everyone:
You saw that we already made a couple of changes to prevent farming becoming too bad. We're still working on some more changes but we wish to not just throw out a total blockade, either.

It's like 'nerfing' a power in the game. We hear there is a problem. We investigate. We may even agree (because balancing an MMO never ends). Then we need to find a way to make it so things stay interesting while not being too powerful - or, in this case, being too easy for farmers. This is not something we can just throw out overnight since we really wish to make sure that players can enjoy the missions. And if you spend an hour or two in a really well-made player mission, you should not feel like you are "wasting time" compared to Cryptic-made missions. A reward should be there.

The daily reward is something we put in place to encourage people to check out the missions and give them a reward for taking the time to play and give other players feedback on how to make things better.

We're really curious to hear what suggestions you would have other than "shut it all down". We have some ideas and are working on a few. Maybe we're thinking the same way already, maybe you have thought of something we have not yet?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Wishy,
is there any way to track the amount of objectives in a mission and filter based on that? That might be one way.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Wishy,
is there any way to track the amount of objectives in a mission and filter based on that? That might be one way.
So putting ten consoles in a row and make clicking each one as a separate objective ? I donīt think that would work.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Then give out some mission where you get 3 emblems for talking to a single contact, and get rid of the reward for foundry missions.. Then the people who want the easy 3 emblems, can have it, and the ones who don't want legitimate missions/episodes in the foundry can have that.. WIN / WIN
Your suggestion doesn't seem very popular because some people want to EARN their rewards. Also, the idea is that these Emblems will sway people to the Foundry, and a lot of authors appreciate this because it raises the chances that someone might play, and enjoy, their mission(s).

So no. Just... no.