We're really curious to hear what suggestions you would have other than "shut it all down". We have some ideas and are working on a few. Maybe we're thinking the same way already, maybe you have thought of something we have not yet?
It's not even about the reward for me - if I need emblems, there are plenty of ways to get them. It's about the cluttering of the foundry and becoming a dumping ground for QUICK missions for emblems and grinding. It will turn into an endless policing task to keep up with the violations. I really only see two options when dealing with this type of issue:
1. You get rid of the reward, for everyone - and because its hard to take away something after giving it out - you probably have to have some quick / easy way to get 3 rewards elsewhere.
2. You keep the reward and just let people tag their missions and a grinding / quick mission for emblems. and then those of us looking for good content can filter those out, and by default they are filtered out. Also the grinding / quickies dont show up in the HOT or TOP rated missions. Heck if you just had 1 QUICKIE mission, that wasn't going to get removed, and made it OK to use this for the rewards, then there wouldn't even be a need for a ton of different quickie missions, or new ones to be created.. no system or "MAN" to sneak around / break the rules.
I agree the search is messed up with TOP rated, etc.. but what i use is "HOT" and then i have to go through and look at the reviews on missions, and when people are saying things like "ITs a great mission, great story, etc" and it turns out to be a talk to contact, done.. What a waste of time..
This "argument" is nonsense. Thats not an opinion either, I have proof. I just logged on, sorted by "hot", and here are the top 20 missions:
1) The Worst of All Worlds - not a grind
2) Fungus Among Us - not a grind
3) The Jem'Hadar Alliance - not a grind
4) Test - German description, who knows.
5) Conjoined - not a grind
6) Nine of Deep Space - not a grind
7) The Spirits of Ramok Nor - not a grind
8) The Jem'Hadar Alliance(another part) - not a grind
9) Flight of the Kitty Hawk - not a grind
10) Resting Raptors - not a grind
11) Deep Space 11 - not a grind
12) Raptor's Ascendance - not a grind
13) Talk - looks like a grind
14) The Jem'Hadar Alliance(another part) - not a grind
15) Brains Before Bounty - not a grind
16) Raptor's Cage - not a grind
17) The Jem'Hadar Alliance(another part) not a girnd
18) Reports for Linnea - not a grind
19) Parralell Intersections - not a grind
20) Accolades II - looks like a grind
So out of 20 missions, we have 2/3 grinds. Now, if you dont like some of the missions you pick up, thats fine. But claiming you have to go through a ton of grinds to find real missions is complete nonsense, and the above list is proof.
It's not even about the reward for me - if I need emblems, there are plenty of ways to get them. It's about the cluttering of the foundry and becoming a dumping ground for QUICK missions for emblems and grinding. It will turn into an endless policing task to keep up with the violations.
Except that repeated or multiple violations means you can't publish Foundry missions. They take the privilege away. So there's kind of a definite end, it's when those looking to abuse the system are removed from it.
And of course if your sole motive is that finding "quality" missions is so hard then shouldn't you be looking to have "poor" missions removed? Perhaps if you get more than three one star ratings your mission gets pulled. Or lower than a four star average? If you're worried about quality, why are you talking about pulling the reward and not pulling **** missions...?
Missed one - this is a GOTO contact, done mission... Worthless..
Have you actually played this mission, or are you just making up more nonsense?
Originally Posted by xforce007
Also Its not about the TOP lists - its about finding NEW missions if you have already played through those top 20 - and exposing NEW legitimate missions, not JUNK..
Do you want me to scroll halfway down the list and give you another 20 mission in a row? What will your excuse be when only a few of those are grinds? And there are authors posting about their new missions on the Foundry board all the time. Do you actually look there?
So ask for a filter to remove played missions from searches. That's a LOT more constructive then asking to yank the rewards.
Not asking for a reward yank, in fact give out the 3 just for going into a single foundry mission - even make quickies legit - whatever - i dont care about the reward, just get rid of the quickie missions
If you can't beat em - just give em an easier option, but trying to restrict it and monitor it all the time will never work and just causes more junk to get into the system.