Lt. Commander
# 21
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
If it was your design that won, congratulations.

But I do feel obligated to say, I don't really like it.
I need to see the model. The outline has me seeing this as the next evolution of the Enterprise, but I need to see the model to be absolutely sure.
Lt. Commander
# 22
While I personally don't like the winning design, congradulations are in order non the less.

Congradulations, Adam Ihle!
Lt. Commander
# 23
The winner isn't very appealing at all, it looks like a Sovereign and a Century had a love child. The second place looks like a beefed up stretched out Excalibur, the third and fourth, i'm incredibly unfond of the third the fourth is fine. That Fuzzy's design isn't even MENTIONED is an insult to anybody in this contest. He got the popular vote and he got highest rated. Clearly this contest used ballet equipment used in Florida a decade ago.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Congratulations!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-05-2011, 04:14 PM
How disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Congratulations to the Grand Prize winner! I look forward to hearing more about him this summer. Further congratulations to others who placed and/or were acknowledged as runners-up.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Now thats going to be one fun 4 Star Ship.. <hint hint> Star Ship Promo .. hey waht throw me a boen here.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, congratulations to the winners of all stripes!

While I'm not fond of the winning design -- Tourangeau's*, Weixelman's, and Trexler's designs appealed to me more -- I'm pretty sure it will grow on me. (The star whales, after all, grew on me, mostly after CapnLogan gave us the Nomad class.) It'll almost certainly help that the Capn is going to be bringing this to polygonal life.

This was a contentious contest, all the same. Because it wasn't international, I'm actually rather glad my design didn't place -- thinking about it, that would make me feel rather awkward. That being said, there was fierce competition, and those designs that won deserve the accolades.

What are the plans for the runners up? Will their designs be in the game at some point as well?

(Now I want Trexler's Avenger in the game, darnit....)
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Dstahl mentioned in another post that the winner is being created now. However, they will be slight changes to it then that picture there. So, lets wait and see what the design team can do with it.It may look more pleasing when the time has been taken to make it look good from all sides.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
I kno, right? Shawn Weixelman had the most popular ship, AND had the most votes... i will forever be confused as to why he didn't win, let alone get an honorable mention...

(p.s. as soon as I saw his ship, i friended him on FB. iv been rooting for him there and giving him updates ever since the polls closed for the new ship... heh, hes a nice guy. really knows what hes doing when it comes to 3D designs... shame he didnt get 1st)

This COULD have been the next enterprise...
I personally don't like that one, the winner fits more to me. The one you are referring too is way too far out there in Star Trek Federation design. Sure the elements are standard, but the putting together is just weired to me. The winner just works combines Sov and Galaxy, two very good ship designs. I think all the submissions including the above should be put in the game in some form though.
Closed Thread