Lt. Commander
# 31
05-05-2011, 04:21 PM
If CBS actually approved this then I'm glad there wont be any more series or movies set in the prime timeline. That is just...disturbing...
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Do not like it at all. The saucer connection to the hull is ridiculous. It's also very short on details, which is maybe why they chose it?

Congratulations to the winner, but there were many far better choices for the Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
eh not liken the design at all. But congrats to the person who created it.

None of the ships i voted for even made it in the top 4 and they seemed abit more realistic.. ah well. Cartoony ftw i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-05-2011, 04:25 PM
should of just used the Typhoon...
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
I was really hoping for this one since it blended old trek with new.

Oh well, the winner pretty cool too. I did the neck design.
I agree with you on both points.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I see where CBS was going. Some of the most popular submissions that didn't make the cut were too much of a departure from previous enterprise designs.

The 3D modeling videos were awesome but it wasn't what CBS was looking for. Congrats to the winners!
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Dstahl mentioned in another post that the winner is being created now. However, they will be slight changes to it then that picture there. So, lets wait and see what the design team can do with it.It may look more pleasing when the time has been taken to make it look good from all sides.
Agreed .... A finished model always looks different than the pen and ink drawings. --- more detail ... 3-D, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2011, 04:30 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd like to give a sporting 'congratulations' to the winner and be happy about this (since I was looking forward to seeing this contest resolved).

But... I can't. I'm totally aghast here. I just can't get past the Oberth-like support of the saucer section instead of the neck or lack of neck It screams 'stupid' and 'not respecting design lineage' to me. Enough so for me to blink incredulously and think that a giant mistake must have happened somewhere.

I would've been totally fine with the Second and Third place ships (in fact, D. Shick's was my favorite). But not the first.

For what it's worth, Adam Ihle, I apologize for the harsh criticism. I think it's an interesting concept piece... but at this time I believe it is also what it should've remained: conceptual. I hope the ShipDev(s) may be able to change my mind.

I agree to entertaining hopes that some of the other entries may see use in the game as well. C. Calloway's Second place is what I believe should've been the Imperial-class, and D.Shick's Third Place was the ship I felt respected the design lienage between the E and the J the most.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lol... give it a chance...
Closed Thread