Lt. Commander
# 491
05-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I am embarrassed to point out that I was the kid who entered that crappy pencil-drawn abomination that ended up always appearing on the first page. I have no idea what I was thinking...even if it was good, it would've had no chance against the awesome 3d renderings. *shrugs*

Again, I'd like to say congratulations to the winner. That is indeed a very awesome design, and mostly original. all-in-all deserving of being the next canon enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 492
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
The warp nacelles as the ships get bigger are held close to the ship making them less of a target.
Lt. Commander
# 493
05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Just an update on the poll. I posted it on several Trek related sites today:

1) here(obviously)

2) startrek.com forums

3) Trekmovie.com article about the contest

4) Star Trek Infinite Space forum(general Trek discussion)

People have also been sharing this poll with their friends and fleet mates in game who do not use the forums.

Her are the results for anyone interested:

http://polldaddy.com/poll/5022933/

Personally(as I said in an earlier post) I think the design is pretty good, although I would like to see the nacelles made a little larger. But at least this gives a little numerical feedback rather than reading debates.
Lt. Commander
# 494
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Congratulation to the winner!

I made a rough 3D version of this. The pic sure does leave a lot to the imagination.
Also the ships on the picture and the siluette below that show 2 different ships. Which one will be added at the end, the fatty "space potato" or sleeker Galaxy+Soverign lovechild?
Lt. Commander
# 495
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Your speculation is potentially misleading when you say "lower hull" - which I did not say.

A design feature of this Enterprise is that the primary bridge is also the battle bridge when the saucer separates. In addition a majority of the phaser arrays stay with the primary ship when the saucer leaves, thus leaving it with most of its firepower still available.
My guess is only a section of the primary saucer will detach from the ship, leaving behind a platform that houses the bridge section.
Lt. Commander
# 496
05-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just an update on the poll. I posted it on several Trek related sites today:

1) here(obviously)

2) startrek.com forums

3) Trekmovie.com article about the contest

4) Star Trek Infinite Space forum(general Trek discussion)

People have also been sharing this poll with their friends and fleet mates in game who do not use the forums.

Her are the results for anyone interested:

http://polldaddy.com/poll/5022933/

Personally(as I said in an earlier post) I think the design is pretty good, although I would like to see the nacelles made a little larger. But at least this gives a little numerical feedback rather than reading debates.
I'm still at a love-hate stage with this design.

It's appears original and new in a way (although the side view seems to resemble an Excelsior a bit too much), but it's those darn pylons on the side / small neck haha.
Lt. Commander
# 497
05-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Here's what I don't get as for as I can tell he wasn't even in the Top Rated or Most Votes categorizes. So how did he win? The community votes weren't even consider.
Lt. Commander
# 498
05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Congrats to the winner.

Though this is the ship I wanted to win http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=869 has a very Ent-J feel to it yet its very different.
Lt. Commander
# 499
05-06-2011, 08:22 PM
The thing that irks me the most is that it is really, really similar to this (just with an Oberth Neck)

Ambassador Concept

Winning Design
Lt. Commander
# 500
05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The thing that irks me the most is that it is really, really similar to this (just with an Oberth Neck)

Ambassador Concept

Winning Design
The reason you think they look alike is they are both at similar angles in those pics. However, if you take a look at the 3D model of the winning ship, you can see it really looks nothing like the Ambassador:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...84#post4942684

Do they look alike from that specific angle? Kind of. But thats where it stops.
Closed Thread