Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Haven't been around for a while; decided to check the game out again. Actually seems to have moved ahead nicely!

I have a question though, the Breen Set...does it level with you? Or do I have to do it at each rank? I have some old RAs kicking around, but decided to start new characters (I was lost, and my old fleets are dead it seems.) Just wondering if I should do it now with the Commander, or wait?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviematic View Post
Haven't been around for a while; decided to check the game out again. Actually seems to have moved ahead nicely!

I have a question though, the Breen Set...does it level with you? Or do I have to do it at each rank? I have some old RAs kicking around, but decided to start new characters (I was lost, and my old fleets are dead it seems.) Just wondering if I should do it now with the Commander, or wait?
Each rank, they do not scale.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-06-2011, 06:52 PM
And all components must be the same rank to work together as a set (for the set bonuses).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
And all components must be the same rank to work together as a set (for the set bonuses).
ooh, thats a rough one, you might hurt yourself if you only upgrade 1 part of it, and it might only be worth putting on the new stuff until you have all 3, if you like the second set bonus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Well the good news is that if you do it at level cap you don't need to upgrade it ever again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't you have to be Captain to do the Breen dailies anyway?

I'd recommend doing them at Captain and then not bothering picking them up again until Vice Admiral -- unless you really want to do the missions, then it doesn't matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Thank you for the responses! I'll probably pick it up again when I hit captain, doing repeats of three missions really doesn't take that long.

I probably won't bother doing it with my Fed characters until max level... this is my first time actually really playing/enjoying the Klingon side (definitely more to do than before.)

Quote:
Don't you have to be Captain to do the Breen dailies anyway?
I don't remember when the Breen missions opened up, but I was Commander 4 when I started them. I'm actually glad I did pick up the set, it made my Bird of Prey pretty tough. The Breen energy weapon is pretty fun. I could do without the transphasic boosts though.

By the way, when you pick up the Breen BO, is it a random division each time? Or always Tactical...? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought the mission reward just simply said Breen Officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Breen series is from LT 10.

And the BO is always a Tac officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
And the BO is always a Tac officer.
Good to know, thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordthor View Post
ooh, thats a rough one, you might hurt yourself if you only upgrade 1 part of it, and it might only be worth putting on the new stuff until you have all 3, if you like the second set bonus.
I think that any part of the set should activate the set item passives.

On another note, this set now ensures that the max item level for each rank(purple quality, no less!) is earnable by level(grade) 5 in the rank for their ship. Before, A player could be level 10 in a certain rank, yet still have a MK two levels lower. (MK 2 shields, engines or weapons for a Lt. Commander) What do players think of this?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM.