Lt. Commander
Subspace Radio's "Face The Foundry" conducts play-by-play reviews of Foundry missions with Cryptic's very own Zeronius Rex. You can listen to the podcast here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Their last episode started off with obscene language and homosexual jokes:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=213166

I hope this episode doesnt have the same thing.
Lt. Commander
NOT a big fan of Subspace Radio, they need to edit their show and not be so annoying/ vulgar . The only reason I listen is for the Cryptic spots. I hate the DJ thing and all the school girl giggling. I like Zero so I thought I would give it a listen. The "DJ"s give me a head ache, it sounds like a high school drunken party

Please guys clean up your show for the community, I would consider listening again if it was not all over the place. (I would recommend you watch Stoked to get an idea on a steady format.)

Zero is always friendly, helpful and informative. I thank her for that.

Thank you.

P.S. It would of been nice to have some narration to the Foundry Missions played? So we at least know what the episodes being played are about?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2011, 04:25 PM
They could at least pretend they had some class when they have a lady on the show. Just sad.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
They could at least pretend they had some class when they have a lady on the show. Just sad.
I guess you haven't listened to the show then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
NOT a big fan of Subspace Radio, they need to edit their show and not be so annoying/ vulgar . The only reason I listen is for the Cryptic spots. I hate the DJ thing and all the school girl giggling. I like Zero so I thought I would give it a listen. The "DJ"s give me a head ache, it sounds like a high school drunken party

Please guys clean up your show for the community, I would consider listening again if it was not all over the place. (I would recommend you watch Stoked to get an idea on a steady format.)

Zero is always friendly, helpful and informative. I thank her for that.

Thank you.
The shows before 10 pm eastern are relatively clean. They're not any worse than daytime television. After midnight is completely different. I would suggest listening to more than one show before you judge the entire station.

Also, Grom doesn't count. He's only doing it because he got arrested. :p

note: The views expressed are my own. I am not in any way associated with SSR.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I had a fun time playing through the Foundy missions, even if I was a little eager to get into combat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I had a fun time playing through the Foundy missions, even if I was a little eager to get into combat.
Yeah Star Fleet Security would like to talk to you about "Sniping" they said you would know what they were talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Honestly I loved this one more than the other two. I lol'd when jahner was a ding dong and didn't realize they were running an STF... hehehe

Can't wait for next weeks \o/
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Rock on, fellow melee person! (And fellow Prommie pilot!)

This show is not great listening since it's all reactions to people doing things we can't see.

Love the constant Rebecca Simmons comments.

Starting to feel like I should do a podcast, mind you, if commentary while playing is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I was very entertained by this episode. I trolled Jahner and aCe by giving them my "Reports for Linnea" mission, and I was laughing when they fell for it. I was in fits of laughter throughout the episode. I can't wait to hear #4.

As for the vulgarity, homosexual jokes, and juvenile behavior... Subspace Radio is not STOked (for example, and I like STOked), it's not supposed to be mature channel for STO-related topics. Subspace Radio exists purely for fun and entertainment, and maybe some informative news thrown in to the mix here and there.

I've been supporting Subspace Radio for a very long time, and I am perfectly aware that the remarks regarding homosexuality on-air has been an issue with some of the DJs. Some of my friends refuse to listen to SSR as a result. They're perfectly entitled to do so, and I honestly don't blame them. At the same time, I don't feel the same way they do.

At the same time, there are gay and bi-sexual people who are part of the Subspace Radio community, and have been for some time. These same people have supported the radio station with their time, loyalty, and with donations that keep the station running. I don't say this to take away from the original issue, which is that vulgarity and immature behavior (including afformentioned jokes) is not okay. Because that behavior isn't okay. Noone should have to feel slammed or bashed based on their identity (in whole in or part).

However, if this social issue is going to be addressed in an adult manner, it has to be conceded that there are people who listen to Subspace Radio, who are the subject of the "gay jokes", who simply do not become offended at them. More importantly, politically incorrect jokes are part of the fabric of Subspace Radio, even if they target the listeners themselves.

Subspace Radio has poked fun at the socio-economic classes people come from, they've made jokes regarding the areas listeners (and SSR staff) live and were raised in, political affiliations, and other parts of lives which make up one's identity.

One thing that is not tolerated though, in any manner, is hate speech. Subspace Radio has (on very few occasions) had to deal with hate speech, and they've done so in a professional manner. For all the political incorrectness that happens at the station, the SSR staff can be professional, decisive and understanding when they need to be. It's not a station run by a bunch of high school kids.

Listeners and staff of Subspace Radio come from various walks of life, come from a variety of countries, and get different things out of Star Trek Online. They come together for a love of music and entertainment. That's it. We put aside our differences, and we put aside real world issues (for the most part, anyway) that exist outside of this realm. We're here to listen to good music, and to be entertained, and enjoy Star Trek Online. That's it.

Some of us come from such walks of life where certain priorities take hold over others. Some of us simply have enough problems of our own and have been exposed to enough of what the world has to offer to not get offended at things you might expect us to get offended at. On the other hand, we have people who are deeply passionate of who they are, and deeply passionate for what they stand for. But we can all be adults and operate on a basis of tolerance of each other and even being able to poke fun at ourselves at times. Sometimes that means being able to tolerate juvenile behavior.

In short, Subspace Radio is a politically incorrect community. It's part of what SSR is. A place where people can be themselves, where they can be mature, immature, adult, or juvenile in their behavior. Where people can let their hair down and simply relax, have fun, and enjoy music and entertainment.

One of the most important things to remember about SSR is we don't take anything too damn seriously, especially ourselves.

If you want a polite, professional, and politically correct medium to gain Star Trek Online news and information, there are several podcasts out there. Subspace Radio is not one of these mediums.
Closed Thread